The University of Melbourne has a unique institutional capability to conduct leading edge Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) research. The Melbourne Unmanned Aircraft Systems Integration Platform (MUASIP) provides academic and professional services and training to internal University users as well as external partners, with the aim of facilitating collaborations and to trigger innovations in UAS development and its applications.
The Platform is already providing services to industry in the areas of precision agriculture, disaster relief, search and rescue, and forest, wildfire and water management.
- UAV Aerial Surveys
- Remote Sensing
- Image/Signal Processing
- Precision Agriculture
- Ecosystem and Infrastructure Monitoring
- Mechanical Engineering
Research equipment and services
- Airframe Fabrication and Control Systems
- Geo-processing and Image Analysis
- Sensor Calibration, Integration and Field Flight Testing
The Platform also provides training, including:
- UAS configuration and operation, according to Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) regulations
- UAV data acquisition and processing
- Short courses on remote sensing targeting
- Workshop programs to initiate UoM-industry collaborative research projects.
MUASIP offers both indoor (Parkville campus) and field (Dookie/Creswick campus) testing of UAVs.
MUASIP Platform Manager
Infrastructure Engineering, Environmental Monitoring
Building 174, Grattan Street
The University of Melbourne, Victoria 3010 Australia
Phone +61 3 8344 7018
Phone 0417 504 593