Dr Mohsen Kalantari Soltanieh
- Land Administration, Cadastre, Building Information Modelling (BIM), 3D GIS, Spatial Data Infrastructure (Internet of Things, Volunteered Geographic Information System, Sensor Web Enablement)
I bring a wealth of experience in developing successful research grant applications, engaging with the industry and profession, building strong research teams, conducting research in Australia and overseas, and leading a research centre. My area of research includes Public-Private Partnership in land administration, Blockchain, cadastral surveying, 3D cadastre, eland administration, smart cities, location-based IoT, 3D GIS, crowdsourced spatial data, spatial semantics, spatial metadata, building information modelling (BIM) and FM. I bring in-depth and rich skills in university teaching, developing teaching grants, coordinating degrees, inter/cross-disciplinary curriculum development, accreditation, and assisting students to progress in their studies. In this context, I have the vision to develop teaching methods considering that the learners in universities have grown up with digital technologies. This philosophy also entails that today’s formal learning classroom and online distance learning systems are to keep students motivated. I have built and maintained a strong network with the surveying and spatial industry across Australia and Internationally. I will bring strong industry and professional links with Australian and international bodies and government agencies such as United Nation, World Bank, Open Geospatial Consortium, Inter-governmental Committee on Surveying and Mapping (ICSM), mapping and land authorities across Australia, Singapore Land Authority, Surveying and Mapping agency of Malaysia as well as internationally renowned private sector. Beyond contributions to academia, my research has had a demonstrable contribution to industry; most notably, I am a co-founder of, Faramoon, a start-up company that has licensed technology developed in my research group for commercialisation purposes. I aim to foster a mindset that advocates the importance of entrepreneurship in the academic research to raise the culture of entrepreneurship in your School.
- Kitsakis D, Kalantari Soltanieh S, Rajabifard A, Atazadeh B, Dimopoulou E. Exploring the 3 rd dimension within public law restrictions: A case study of Victoria, Australia. Land Use Policy. Elsevier Science. 2019, Vol. 85. DOI: 10.1016/j.landusepol.2019.03.024
- Aleksandrov M, Cheng C, Rajabifard A, Kalantari Soltanieh S. Modelling and finding optimal evacuation strategy for tall buildings. SAFETY SCIENCE. Elsevier BV. 2019, Vol. 115. DOI: 10.1016/j.ssci.2019.02.017
- Rajabifard A, Atazadeh B, Kalantari Soltanieh S. A critical evaluation of 3D spatial information models for managing legal arrangements of multi-owned developments in Victoria, Australia. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF GEOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION SCIENCE. Taylor & Francis Ltd. 2018, Vol. 32, Issue 10. DOI: 10.1080/13658816.2018.1484125
- Rahrnatizadeh S, Rajabifard A, Kalantari Soltanieh S, Ho S. A framework for selecting a fit-for-purpose data collection method in land administration. LAND USE POLICY. Elsevier Science. 2018, Vol. 70. DOI: 10.1016/j.landusepol.2017.10.034
- Rajabifard A, Atazadeh B, Kalantari Soltanieh S, Williamson I. A New Method for Integrating 3D spatial information about vertically stratified ownership properties into the property map base. Embracing our smart world where the continents connect: enhancing the geospatial maturity of societies. FIG (International Federation of Surveyors). 2018.
- Rajabifard A, Agunbiade, Kalantari Soltanieh S, Yip KM, Atazadeh B, Badiee, Isa D, Adimin MK, Chan KL, Aien A, Olfat H, Shojaei D, Rahimipour Anaraki M. An LADM-based Approach for Developing and Implementing a National 3D Cadastre – A Case Study of Malaysia. 7 th International FIG Workshop on the Land Administration Domain Model. FIG (International Federation of Surveyors). 2018.
- Atazadeh B, Rajabifard A, Kalantari Soltanieh S. Connecting LADM and IFC Standards – Pathways towards an Integrated Legal-Physical Model. 7th International FIG Workshop on the Land Administration Domain Model. FIG (International Federation of Surveyors). 2018.
- Aleksandrov M, Rajabifard A, Kalantari Soltanieh S, Lovreglio R, Gonzalez VA. People Choice Modelling for Evacuation of Tall Buildings. FIRE TECHNOLOGY. Springer. 2018, Vol. 54, Issue 5. DOI: 10.1007/s10694-018-0731-1
- Agius T, Sabri S, Kalantari Soltanieh S. Three-Dimensional Rule-Based City Modelling to Support Urban Redevelopment Process. ISPRS INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF GEO-INFORMATION. 2018, Vol. 7, Issue 10. DOI: 10.3390/ijgi7100413
- Kalantari Soltanieh S, Nechifor M. 3D Indoor Surveying - A Low Cost Approach. SURVEY REVIEW. Commonwealth Association of Surveying and Land Economy. 2017, Vol. 49, Issue 353. DOI: 10.1080/00396265.2015.1122279
- Kalantari Soltanieh S, Rajabifard A, Williamson I, Atazadeh B. 3D Property Ownership Map Base for Smart Urban Land Administration. FIG Working Week 2017. FIG (International Federation of Surveyors). 2017.
- Atazadeh B, Rajabifard A, Kalantari Soltanieh S. Assessing Performance of Three BIM-Based Views of Buildings for Communication and Management of Vertically Stratified Legal Interests. ISPRS INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF GEO-INFORMATION. 2017, Vol. 6, Issue 7. DOI: 10.3390/ijgi6070198
- Kalantari Soltanieh S, Rajabifard A, Olfat H, Pettit C, Keshtiarast A. Automatic spatial metadata systems - the case of Australian urban research infrastructure network. CARTOGRAPHY AND GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SCIENCE. American Congress on Surveying and Mapping. 2017, Vol. 44, Issue 4. DOI: 10.1080/15230406.2016.1154805
- Kalantari Soltanieh S. BIM: The New GIS for the Industry. GIM INTERNATIONAL-THE WORLDWIDE MAGAZINE FOR GEOMATICS. GITC bv. 2017, Vol. 31, Issue 3.
- Atazadeh B, Kalantari Soltanieh S, Rajabifard A, Ho S, Ngo D. Building Information Modelling for High-rise Land Administration. TRANSACTIONS IN GIS. Blackwell. 2017, Vol. 21, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1111/tgis.12199
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile