Dr Mohsen Kalantari Soltanieh
- Spatial Metadata Systems, 3D Mapping and Modelling, Crowdsourced Geographic Information, Geosensor information infrastruture
Dr Mohsen Kalantari is a Senior Lecturer in Geomatics and Associate Director at the Centre for Spatial Data Infrastructures and Land Administration (CSDILA) in the Dept of Infrastructure Engineering at The University of Melbourne. Mohsen teaches Land Administration Systems (LAS) and Spatial Analysis and has several publications.
Dr Kalantari is a spatial data engineer and in recognition of his research he has been awarded a prestigious Victoria Fellowship. The Victoria Fellowships recognise young researchers with leadership potential and aim to help them enhance their future careers, while developing new ideas which could offer commercial benefit to Victoria.
He has also worked at the Department of Sustainability and Environment (DSE), Land Victoria and has an extensive knowledge of land administration systems of Australia. He completed his PhD in 2008.
- Rajabifard A, Atazadeh B, Kalantari Soltanieh S. A critical evaluation of 3D spatial information models for managing legal arrangements of multi-owned developments in Victoria, Australia. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF GEOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION SCIENCE. Taylor & Francis Ltd. 2018, Vol. 32, Issue 10. DOI: 10.1080/13658816.2018.1484125
- Rahrnatizadeh S, Rajabifard A, Kalantari Soltanieh S, Ho S. A framework for selecting a fit-for-purpose data collection method in land administration. LAND USE POLICY. Elsevier Science. 2018, Vol. 70. DOI: 10.1016/j.landusepol.2017.10.034
- Rajabifard A, Atazadeh B, Kalantari Soltanieh S, Williamson I. A New Method for Integrating 3D spatial information about vertically stratified ownership properties into the property map base. Embracing our smart world where the continents connect: enhancing the geospatial maturity of societies. FIG (International Federation of Surveyors). 2018.
- Rajabifard A, Agunbiade, Kalantari Soltanieh S, Yip KM, Atazadeh B, Badiee, Isa D, Adimin MK, Chan KL, Aien A, Olfat H, Shojaei D, Rahimipour Anaraki M. An LADM-based Approach for Developing and Implementing a National 3D Cadastre – A Case Study of Malaysia. 7 th International FIG Workshop on the Land Administration Domain Model. FIG (International Federation of Surveyors). 2018.
- Atazadeh B, Rajabifard A, Kalantari Soltanieh S. Connecting LADM and IFC Standards – Pathways towards an Integrated Legal-Physical Model. 7th International FIG Workshop on the Land Administration Domain Model. FIG (International Federation of Surveyors). 2018.
- Aleksandrov M, Rajabifard A, Kalantari Soltanieh S, Lovreglio R, Gonzalez VA. People Choice Modelling for Evacuation of Tall Buildings. FIRE TECHNOLOGY. Springer. 2018, Vol. 54, Issue 5. DOI: 10.1007/s10694-018-0731-1
- Agius T, Sabri S, Kalantari Soltanieh S. Three-Dimensional Rule-Based City Modelling to Support Urban Redevelopment Process. ISPRS INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF GEO-INFORMATION. 2018, Vol. 7, Issue 10. DOI: 10.3390/ijgi7100413
- Kalantari Soltanieh S, Nechifor M. 3D Indoor Surveying–A Low Cost Approach. Survey Review. Commonwealth Association of Surveying and Land Economy. 2017, Vol. 49, Issue 353. DOI: 10.1080/00396265.2015.1122279
- Kalantari Soltanieh S, Rajabifard A, Williamson I, Atazadeh B. 3D Property Ownership Map Base for Smart Urban Land Administration. FIG Working Week 2017. FIG (International Federation of Surveyors). 2017.
- Atazadeh B, Rajabifard A, Kalantari Soltanieh S. Assessing Performance of Three BIM-Based Views of Buildings for Communication and Management of Vertically Stratified Legal Interests. ISPRS INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF GEO-INFORMATION. MDPI AG. 2017, Vol. 6, Issue 7. DOI: 10.3390/ijgi6070198
- Kalantari Soltanieh S, Rajabifard A, Olfat H, Pettit C, Keshtiarast A. Automatic spatial metadata systems - the case of Australian urban research infrastructure network. CARTOGRAPHY AND GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SCIENCE. American Congress on Surveying and Mapping. 2017, Vol. 44, Issue 4. DOI: 10.1080/15230406.2016.1154805
- Kalantari Soltanieh S. BIM: The New GIS for the Industry. GIM INTERNATIONAL-THE WORLDWIDE MAGAZINE FOR GEOMATICS. GITC bv. 2017, Vol. 31, Issue 3.
- Atazadeh B, Kalantari Soltanieh S, Rajabifard A, Ho S, Ngo D. Building Information Modelling for High-rise Land Administration. TRANSACTIONS IN GIS. Blackwell. 2017, Vol. 21, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1111/tgis.12199
- Laylavi F, Rajabifard A, Kalantari Soltanieh S. Event relatedness assessment of Twitter messages for emergency response. INFORMATION PROCESSING & MANAGEMENT. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 53, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1016/j.ipm.2016.09.002
- Atazadeh B, Kalantari Soltanieh S, Rajabifard A, Ho S, Champion T. Extending a BIM-based data model to support 3D digital management of complex ownership spaces. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF GEOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION SCIENCE. Taylor & Francis Ltd. 2017, Vol. 31, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1080/13658816.2016.1207775
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile