Associate Professor Yongping Wei
- ARC Future Fellow (River Basin Management), Infrastructure Engineering
- Coordinator (Australia Node) Australia China Joint Research Centre on River Basin Management
Dr. Wei is a Senior Research Fellow (Level C) at the Australia China Centre on River Basin Management, The University of Melbourne.
Dr. Wei has a multi-disciplinary education background: Bachelor of Engineering (Irrigation and water resources engineering), Master of Environmental and Natural Resources Economics and PhD in Natural Resources Management.
Dr Wei has been recognized by the Australian Research Council with Post-Doctoral Fellowship (2010-2013) and Future Fellowship (2014-2018) for her academic contribution in river basin management.
Dr Wei has initiated and coordinated 18 research projects of $6m in water resources management involving over twenty Australian, Chinese and international agencies cross research institutions, universities, government departments, catchment authorities and water industry in the past six years.
Dr Wei has published 3 book chapters, 38 journal papers and 11 peer-reviewed conference papers in the past six years.
Dr Wei has supervised 2 Honors students, 8 master students and 3 PhD students at the University of Melbourne, and co-supervised five PhD students with the Chinese Academy of Sciences and Tsinghua University.
Before she joined the University of Melbourne, she has over ten years’ working experiences in China cross research institutions and government departments.
For Dr Wei’s research activity in Australia China Joint Research Centre on River Basin management, please visit http://www.eng.unimelb.edu.au/research/centres/aust-china/
- Zhao Y, Wei Y, Wu B, Lu Z, Fu L. A connectivity-based assessment framework for river basin ecosystem service management. Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability. Elsevier. 2018, Vol. 33. DOI: 10.1016/j.cosust.2018.03.010
- Lu Z, Wei Y, Feng Q, Western A, Zhou S. A framework for incorporating social processes in hydrological models. Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability. Elsevier. 2018, Vol. 33. DOI: 10.1016/j.cosust.2018.04.011
- Wu S, Huang S, Wei Y, Duffield C, Tang W, Zhao Y, Zheng H. A longitudinal analysis on the perspectives of major world newspapers on the Three Gorges Dam project during 1982-2015. WATER SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY-WATER SUPPLY. IWA Publishing. 2018, Vol. 18, Issue 1. DOI: 10.2166/ws.2017.088
- Shang Y, Hei P, Lu S, Shang L, Li X, Wei Y, Jia D, Jiang D, Ye Y, Gong J, Lei X, Hao M, Qiu Y, Liu J, Wang H. China's energy-water nexus: Assessing water conservation synergies of the total coal consumption cap strategy until 2050. Applied Energy. Elsevier. 2018, Vol. 210. DOI: 10.1016/j.apenergy.2016.11.008
- Huang Q, Xu J, Wei Y. Clan in transition: Societal changes of villages in China from the perspective of water pollution. Sustainability (Switzerland). MDPI AG. 2018, Vol. 10, Issue 1. DOI: 10.3390/su10010150
- Lu Z, Wei Y, Feng Q, Xie J, Xiao H, Cheng G. Co-evolutionary dynamics of the human-environment system in the Heihe River basin in the past 2000 years. Science of the Total Environment. Elsevier Science. 2018, Vol. 635. DOI: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2018.03.231
- Tang X, Zhao Y, Zhang Z, Feng Q, Wei Y. Cultivated oasis evolution in the Heihe River Basin over the past 2,000 years. Land Degradation and Development. John Wiley & Sons. 2018. DOI: 10.1002/ldr.2991
- Bouckaert F, Wei Y, Hussey K, Pittock J, Ison R. Improving the role of river basin organisations in sustainable river basin governance by linking social institutional capacity and basin biophysical capacity. Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability. Elsevier. 2018, Vol. 33. DOI: 10.1016/j.cosust.2018.04.015
- Mohan C, Western A, Wei Y, Saft M. Predicting groundwater recharge for varying land cover and climate conditions - a global meta-study. HYDROLOGY AND EARTH SYSTEM SCIENCES. Copernicus GmBH. 2018, Vol. 22, Issue 5. DOI: 10.5194/hess-22-2689-2018
- Wang C, Shi G, Wei Y, Western A, Zheng H, Zhao Y. Balancing Rural Household Livelihood and Regional Ecological Footprint in Water Source Areas of the South-to-North Water Diversion Project. SUSTAINABILITY. MDPI AG. 2017, Vol. 9, Issue 8. DOI: 10.3390/su9081393
- Shen W, Tang W, Yu W, Duffield C, Hui K, Wei Y, Fang J. CAUSES OF CONTRACTORS' CLAIMS IN INTERNATIONAL ENGINEERING-PROCUREMENT-CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS. JOURNAL OF CIVIL ENGINEERING AND MANAGEMENT. Vilniaus Gedimino Technikos Universitetas, Leidykla Technika. 2017, Vol. 23, Issue 6. DOI: 10.3846/13923730.2017.1281839
- Shen W, Tang W, Siripanan A, Lei Z, Duffield C, Wilson D, Hui K, Wei Y. Critical Success Factors in Thailand's Green Building Industry. JOURNAL OF ASIAN ARCHITECTURE AND BUILDING ENGINEERING. Architectural Institute of Japan. 2017, Vol. 16, Issue 2. DOI: 10.3130/jaabe.16.317
- Chen LJ, Feng Q, Wei Y, Li CS, Zhao Y, Li HY, Zhang BG. Effects of saline water irrigation and fertilization regimes on soil microbial metabolic activity. Journal of Soils and Sediments. Springer. 2017, Vol. 17, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1007/s11368-016-1551-x
- Wang J, Nathan R, Horne A, Peel M, Wei Y, Langford K. Evaluating four downscaling methods for assessment of climate change impact on ecological indicators. ENVIRONMENTAL MODELLING & SOFTWARE. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 96. DOI: 10.1016/j.envsoft.2017.06.016
- Wei J, Wei Y, Western A. Evolution of the societal value of water resources for economic development versus environmental sustainability in Australia from 1843 to 2011. GLOBAL ENVIRONMENTAL CHANGE-HUMAN AND POLICY DIMENSIONS. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 42. DOI: 10.1016/j.gloenvcha.2016.12.005
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile