Associate Professor Yongping Wei
- ARC Future Fellow (River Basin Management), Infrastructure Engineering
- Coordinator (Australia Node) Australia China Joint Research Centre on River Basin Management
Dr. Wei is a Senior Research Fellow (Level C) at the Australia China Centre on River Basin Management, The University of Melbourne.
Dr. Wei has a multi-disciplinary education background: Bachelor of Engineering (Irrigation and water resources engineering), Master of Environmental and Natural Resources Economics and PhD in Natural Resources Management.
Dr Wei has been recognized by the Australian Research Council with Post-Doctoral Fellowship (2010-2013) and Future Fellowship (2014-2018) for her academic contribution in river basin management.
Dr Wei has initiated and coordinated 18 research projects of $6m in water resources management involving over twenty Australian, Chinese and international agencies cross research institutions, universities, government departments, catchment authorities and water industry in the past six years.
Dr Wei has published 3 book chapters, 38 journal papers and 11 peer-reviewed conference papers in the past six years.
Dr Wei has supervised 2 Honors students, 8 master students and 3 PhD students at the University of Melbourne, and co-supervised five PhD students with the Chinese Academy of Sciences and Tsinghua University.
Before she joined the University of Melbourne, she has over ten years’ working experiences in China cross research institutions and government departments.
For Dr Wei’s research activity in Australia China Joint Research Centre on River Basin management, please visit http://www.eng.unimelb.edu.au/research/centres/aust-china/
- Lu Z, Wei Y, Feng Q, Western A, Zhou S. A framework for incorporating social processes in hydrological models. CURRENT OPINION IN ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY. Elsevier. 2018, Vol. 33. DOI: 10.1016/j.cosust.2018.04.011
- Wu S, Huang S, Wei Y, Duffield C, Tang W, Zhao Y, Zheng H. A longitudinal analysis on the perspectives of major world newspapers on the Three Gorges Dam project during 1982-2015. WATER SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY-WATER SUPPLY. IWA Publishing. 2018, Vol. 18, Issue 1. DOI: 10.2166/ws.2017.088
- Mohan C, Western A, Wei Y, Saft M. Predicting groundwater recharge for varying land cover and climate conditions - a global meta-study. HYDROLOGY AND EARTH SYSTEM SCIENCES. Copernicus GmBH. 2018, Vol. 22, Issue 5. DOI: 10.5194/hess-22-2689-2018
- Wang C, Shi G, Wei Y, Western A, Zheng H, Zhao Y. Balancing Rural Household Livelihood and Regional Ecological Footprint in Water Source Areas of the South-to-North Water Diversion Project. SUSTAINABILITY. MDPI AG. 2017, Vol. 9, Issue 8. DOI: 10.3390/su9081393
- Shen W, Tang W, Yu W, Duffield C, Hui K, Wei Y, Fang J. CAUSES OF CONTRACTORS' CLAIMS IN INTERNATIONAL ENGINEERING-PROCUREMENT-CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS. JOURNAL OF CIVIL ENGINEERING AND MANAGEMENT. Vilniaus Gedimino Technikos Universitetas, Leidykla Technika. 2017, Vol. 23, Issue 6. DOI: 10.3846/13923730.2017.1281839
- Shen W, Tang W, Siripanan A, Lei Z, Duffield C, Wilson D, Hui K, Wei Y. Critical Success Factors in Thailand's Green Building Industry. JOURNAL OF ASIAN ARCHITECTURE AND BUILDING ENGINEERING. Architectural Institute of Japan. 2017, Vol. 16, Issue 2. DOI: 10.3130/jaabe.16.317
- Chen LJ, Feng Q, Wei Y, Li CS, Zhao Y, Li HY, Zhang BG. Effects of saline water irrigation and fertilization regimes on soil microbial metabolic activity. Journal of Soils and Sediments. Springer. 2017, Vol. 17, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1007/s11368-016-1551-x
- Wang J, Nathan R, Horne A, Peel M, Wei Y, Langford K. Evaluating four downscaling methods for assessment of climate change impact on ecological indicators. ENVIRONMENTAL MODELLING & SOFTWARE. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 96. DOI: 10.1016/j.envsoft.2017.06.016
- Wei J, Wei Y, Western A. Evolution of the societal value of water resources for economic development versus environmental sustainability in Australia from 1843 to 2011. GLOBAL ENVIRONMENTAL CHANGE-HUMAN AND POLICY DIMENSIONS. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 42. DOI: 10.1016/j.gloenvcha.2016.12.005
- Li S, Zhao Y, Wei Y, Zheng H. Evolution of the vegetation system in the Heihe River basin in the last 2000 years. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences. Copernicus GmBH. 2017, Vol. 21, Issue 8. DOI: 10.5194/hess-21-4233-2017
- Shang Y, Lu S, Gong J, Shang L, Li X, Wei Y, Shi H. Hierarchical prediction of industrial water demand based on refined Laspeyres decomposition analysis. Water science and technology : a journal of the International Association on Water Pollution Research. IWA Publishing. 2017, Vol. 76, Issue 11-12. DOI: 10.2166/wst.2017.432
- Chen L, Feng Q, Li C, Wei Y, Zhao Y, Feng Y, Zheng H, Li F, Li H. Impacts of aquaculture wastewater irrigation on soil microbial functional diversity and community structure in arid regions. Scientific Reports. Nature Publishing Group. 2017, Vol. 7, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1038/s41598-017-11678-z
- Lu S, Jia L, Zhang L, Wei Y, Baig MHA, Zhai Z, Meng J, Li X, Zhang G. Lake water surface mapping in the Tibetan Plateau using the MODIS MOD09Q1 product. Remote Sensing Letters. 2017, Vol. 8, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1080/2150704X.2016.1260178
- Chen L, Li C, Feng Q, Wei Y, Zheng H, Zhao Y, Feng Y, Li H. Shifts in soil microbial metabolic activities and community structures along a salinity gradient of irrigation water in a typical arid region of China. Science of the Total Environment. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 598. DOI: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2017.04.105
- Wang C, Zhao Y, Wei Y, Shi GQ. Systems dynamics approach to understanding the impacts of aquaculture closure policies on environmental pressures and fishermen households’ incomes in Danjiangkou Reservoir, China. Aquaculture International. Kluwer Academic Publishers. 2017, Vol. 25, Issue 6. DOI: 10.1007/s10499-017-0185-3
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile