Dr Behzad Rismanchi
- Building energy
- Energy management
- Net zero energy buildings
Dr. Behzad Rismanchi is a professional member of Engineers Australia (MIEAust), a certified energy manager (CEM) and certified energy auditor (CEA) with more than 6 years’ experience in design, optimisation and research in the energy industry. He has worked across all aspects of the project lifecycle and is particularly skilled in energy management systems, indoor air quality and computational fluid dynamics. After gaining a Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering and a Masters in Energy Conversion, he joined the oil and gas industry for three years. In 2009 he moved to Malaysia and undertook a PhD and a 1-year postdoc in Energy Management. As an energy consultant in industry, he was involved in several national and international projects in Malaysia, Dubai and Indonesia. He joined the Department of Infrastructure of the University of Melbourne in August 2015 as a Lecturer in Building Energy.
His main areas of research are energy management, building energy, thermal energy storage, district cooling/heating systems, indoor air quality, smart cities, GIS based energy mapping, and simulation of heat and mass transfer.
- Rismanchi B, Mahecha Zambrano J, Saxby B, Tuck R, Stenning M. Control Strategies in Multi-Zone Air Conditioning Systems. ENERGIES. MDPIAG. 2019, Vol. 12, Issue 3. DOI: 10.3390/en12030347
- Li J, Rismanchi B, Ngo D. Feasibility study to estimate the environmental benefits of utilising timber to construct high-rise buildings in Australia. BUILDING AND ENVIRONMENT. Elsevier. 2019, Vol. 147. DOI: 10.1016/j.buildenv.2018.09.052
- Wells L, Rismanchi B, Aye L. A review of Net Zero Energy Buildings with reflections on the Australian context. ENERGY AND BUILDINGS. Elsevier Science. 2018, Vol. 158. DOI: 10.1016/j.enbuild.2017.10.055
- Burton C, Seona C, Rismanchi B. BEHAVIOUR CHANGE VIA SOCIAL SANCTIONS AND SHARED ELECTRICITY. Proceedings of Zero Energy Mass Custom Home 2018. 2018.
- Panagiotidou M, Rismanchi B, Aye L. Low energy building retrofit: A review of objectives and solutions. Proceedings of Zero Energy Mass Custom Home 2018. 2018.
- Shah SK, Rismanchi B, Aye L. Net zero fossil energy for heating detached houses in Harbin. Proceedings of Zero Energy Mass Custom Home 2018. 2018.
- Shah S, Aye L, Rismanchi B. Seasonal thermal energy storage system for cold climate zones: A review of recent developments. RENEWABLE & SUSTAINABLE ENERGY REVIEWS. Pergamon. 2018, Vol. 97, Issue December 2018. DOI: 10.1016/j.rser.2018.08.025
- Burton C, Rismanchi B, Candy S. SHARING URBAN RENEWABLE ENERGY GENERATION SYSTEMS AS PRIVATE ENERGY COMMONS. SASBE 2018 SYDNEY. 2018.
- Rismanchi B, Shah S, Lhendup T, Aye L. Thermal Storage Technologies for Space Cooling and Heating. LOW CARBON ENERGY SUPPLY: TRENDS, TECHNOLOGY, MANAGEMENT. Springer Verlag. 2018, Vol. Part F3. Editors: Sharma A, Shukla A, Aye L. DOI: 10.1007/978-981-10-7326-7_15
- Aditya L, Mahlia TMI, Rismanchi B, Ng HM, Hasan MH, Metselaar HSC, Muraza O, Aditiya HB. A review on insulation materials for energy conservation in buildings. RENEWABLE & SUSTAINABLE ENERGY REVIEWS. Pergamon. 2017, Vol. 73. DOI: 10.1016/j.rser.2017.02.034
- Rismanchi B, Lea KLW, Hui K. Benchmarking Energy Management Schemes Among Facilities managers in Australia. Facilities Management. 2017, Vol. 11, Issue 3.
- Rismanchi B. District energy network (DEN), current global status and future development. RENEWABLE & SUSTAINABLE ENERGY REVIEWS. Pergamon. 2017, Vol. 75. DOI: 10.1016/j.rser.2016.11.025
- Shah SK, Aye L, Rismanchi B. Seasonal solar energy storage system for space heating in cold climate. Asia-Pacific Solar Research Conference 2017. 2017.
- Steinemann A, Wargocki P, Rismanchi B. Ten questions concerning green buildings and indoor air quality. BUILDING AND ENVIRONMENT. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 112. DOI: 10.1016/j.buildenv.2016.11.010
- Ganandran GSB, Mahlia TMI, Ong HC, Rismanchi B, Chong WT. Cost-Benefit Analysis and Emission Reduction of Energy Efficient Lighting at the Universiti Tenaga Nasional. SCIENTIFIC WORLD JOURNAL. The ScientificWorld. 2014, Vol. 2014. DOI: 10.1155/2014/745894
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile