Dr Kourosh Khoshelham
- Indoor positioning and navigation (indoor location-based services)
- Information extraction from point clouds and images (pattern recognition and machine learning)
- Mapping and modeling indoor environments (Building Information Modeling - BIM)
- Mapping sensor technologies (photogrammetry, laser scanning - Lidar, mobile mapping)
Kourosh Khoshelham is a Senior Lecturer at the Department of Infrastructure Engineering of the University of Melbourne. He received his PhD in photogrammetry and laser scanning from the Hong Kong Polytechnic University in 2004. Between 2005 and 2007 he worked at the University of Tehran as an assistant professor, where he was involved in teaching and research in photogrammetry and remote sensing. He joined Delft University of Technology as a postdoctoral research fellow in 2007, where he became an assistant professor in 2008. In 2010 he joined the ITC Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation of the University of Twente, where he worked for five years before moving to Melbourne in February 2015. Kourosh serves on the editorial board of several international journals, including Sensors and Infrastructures. He also serves as the Co-Chair of Working Group IV/5 of the International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS), and the Secretary of the Australasian Spatial Information Education and Research Association (ASIERA). His research interests include indoor positioning and navigation, mobile mapping, indoor mapping, building information modelling, UAV photogrammetry and information extraction from imagery and point clouds.
- Gu F, Khoshelham K, Valaee S, Shang J, Zhang R. Locomotion Activity Recognition Using Stacked Denoising Autoencoders. IEEE INTERNET OF THINGS JOURNAL. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2018, Vol. 5, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1109/JIOT.2018.2823084
- Ramezani M, Khoshelham K, Fraser C. Pose estimation by Omnidirectional Visual-Inertial Odometry. ROBOTICS AND AUTONOMOUS SYSTEMS. Elsevier. 2018, Vol. 105. DOI: 10.1016/j.robot.2018.03.007
- Peters S, Khoshelham K. Preface. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. Rheinisch-Westfaelische Technische Hochschule Aachen * Lehrstuhl Informatik V. 2018, Vol. 2087.
- Acharya D, Yan W, Khoshelham K. Real-time image-based parking occupancy detection using deep learning. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. Rheinisch-Westfaelische Technische Hochschule Aachen * Lehrstuhl Informatik V. 2018, Vol. 2087.
- He H, Khoshelham K, Fraser C. A TWO-STEP CLASSIFICATION APPROACH to DISTINGUISHING SIMILAR OBJECTS in MOBILE LIDAR POINT CLOUDS. ISPRS Annals of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences. 2017, Vol. 4, Issue 2W4. DOI: 10.5194/isprs-annals-IV-2-W4-67-2017
- Foerstner W, Khoshelham K. Efficient and Accurate Registration of Point Clouds with Plane to Plane Correspondences. 16th IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV). IEEE. 2017. DOI: 10.1109/ICCVW.2017.253
- Tran H, Khoshelham K, Kealy A, DÍaz-VilariÑo L. EXTRACTING TOPOLOGICAL RELATIONS between INDOOR SPACES from POINT CLOUDS. ISPRS Annals of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences. 2017, Vol. 4, Issue 2W4. DOI: 10.5194/isprs-annals-IV-2-W4-401-2017
- Habib A, Akdim N, El Ghandour F-E, Labbassi K, Khoshelham K, Menenti M. Extraction and accuracy assessment of high-resolution DEM and derived orthoimages from ALOS-PRISM data over Sahel-Doukkala (Morocco). EARTH SCIENCE INFORMATICS. Dr Dietrich Steinkopff Verlag. 2017, Vol. 10, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1007/s12145-017-0287-5
- Truelove M, Khoshelham K, McLean S, Winter S, Vasardani M. Identifying Witness Accounts from Social Media Using Imagery. ISPRS INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF GEO-INFORMATION. MDPI AG. 2017, Vol. 6, Issue 4. DOI: 10.3390/ijgi6040120
- Winter S, Tomko M, Vasardani M, Richter K-F, Khoshelham K. Indoor localization and navigation independent of sensor based technologies. SIGSPATIAL Special. Association for Computing Machinery. 2017, Vol. 9, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1145/3124104.3124109
- Ramezani M, Acharya D, Gu F, Khoshelham K. INDOOR POSITIONING by VISUAL-INERTIAL ODOMETRY. ISPRS Annals of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences. 2017, Vol. 4, Issue 2W4. DOI: 10.5194/isprs-annals-IV-2-W4-371-2017
- Gu F, Khoshelham K, Valaee S. Locomotion Activity Recognition: A Deep Learning Approach. 2017 IEEE 28TH ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON PERSONAL, INDOOR, AND MOBILE RADIO COMMUNICATIONS (PIMRC). IEEE. 2017. DOI: 10.1109/PIMRC.2017.8292444
- Ramezani M, Khoshelham K, Kneip L. Omnidirectional Visual-Inertial Odometry Using Multi-State Constraint Kalman Filter. 2017 IEEE/RSJ INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON INTELLIGENT ROBOTS AND SYSTEMS (IROS). IEEE. 2017, Vol. 2017-September. Editors: Bicchi A, Okamura A. DOI: 10.1109/IROS.2017.8202308
- Acharya D, Khoshelham K, Winter S. Real-time detection and tracking of pedestrians in CCTV images using a deep convolutional neural network. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. Rheinisch-Westfaelische Technische Hochschule Aachen * Lehrstuhl Informatik V. 2017, Vol. 1913.
- Gu F, Khoshelham K, Shang J, Yu F, Wei Z. Robust and Accurate Smartphone-Based Step Counting for Indoor Localization. IEEE SENSORS JOURNAL. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2017, Vol. 17, Issue 11. DOI: 10.1109/JSEN.2017.2685999
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile