Dr Phuong Tran
Areas of Research Interest
· Thin film adhesion characterization
· Static and dynamic fracture thin films
· Dynamic fracture and failure mechanism of composite materials
· Fabrication and simulation of bio-inspired composite structures
· Mechanical characterization and simulation of high performance composite textile
· 3D additive manufacturing
Article reviewing referee:
* International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering
* Journal of the Royal Society Interface
* International Journal of Impact Engineering
* Journal of Sandwich Structures and Materials
- Nguyen T, Ngo D, Tran P, Mendis P, Aye L, Kristombu Baduge K. Fire resistance of a prefabricated bushfire bunker using aerated concrete panels. CONSTRUCTION AND BUILDING MATERIALS. Elsevier BV. 2018, Vol. 174. DOI: 10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2018.04.065
- Ghazlan A, Ngo T, Tran P. Influence of geometric and material parameters on the behavior of nacreous composites under quasi-static loading. COMPOSITE STRUCTURES. Pergamon. 2018, Vol. 183. DOI: 10.1016/j.compstruct.2017.05.015
- Tran P, Ngo T, Ghazlan A, Hui D. Bimaterial 3D printing and numerical analysis of bio-inspired composite structures under in-plane and transverse loadings. COMPOSITES PART B-ENGINEERING. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 108. DOI: 10.1016/j.compositesb.2016.09.083
- Duc ND, Ngo T, Tran P, Quan TQ, Van Thanh N. Nonlinear dynamic response and vibration of imperfect eccentrically stiffened sandwich third-order shear deformable FGM cylindrical panels in thermal environments. Journal of Sandwich Structures and Materials. 2017. DOI: 10.1177/1099636217725251
- Imbalzano G, Tran P, Ngo D, Lee P. A Numerical Study of Auxetic Composite Panels under Blast Loadings. Composite Structures. 2016, Vol. 135. DOI: 10.1016/j.compstruct.2015.09.038
- Tran P, Linforth S, Lumantarna R, Ngo T. Design of a hybrid composite anti-ram bollard against impact. 24th Australasian Conference on the Mechanics of Structures and Materials (ACMSM). CRC Press (Taylor & Francis Group). 2016. Editors: Hao H, Zhang C.
- Imbalzano G, Tran P, Linforth S, Ngo D, Lee P. Design optimisation of auxetic composite structures under blast loading. ACMSM 24 Conference - ACMSM 24 Conference - Mechanics of Structures and Materials: Advancements and Challenges. CRC Press (Taylor & Francis Group). 2016.
- Ngo T, Nguyen T, Nguyen T, Tran P. Effect of Nanoclay on Thermomechanical Properties of Epoxy/Glass Fibre Composites. Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering. 2016, Vol. 41, Issue 4. DOI: 10.1007/s13369-015-1898-0
- Nguyen T, Ngo D, Tran P, Mendis P, Zobec M, Aye L. Fire performance of prefabricated modular units using organoclay/glass fibre reinforced polymer composite. CONSTRUCTION AND BUILDING MATERIALS. Elsevier BV. 2016, Vol. 129. DOI: 10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2016.10.100
- Ngo T, Nguyen T, Tran P. Heat release and flame propagation in prefabricated modular unit with GFRP composite facades. Building Simulation. 2016, Vol. 9, Issue 5. DOI: 10.1007/s12273-016-0294-3
- Nguyen T, Ngo T, Tran P. Isogeometric analysis of functionally graded plates based on a new polynomial displacement field. 24th Australasian Conference on the Mechanics of Structures and Materials (ACMSM). CRC Press (Taylor & Francis Group). 2016. Editors: Hao H, Zhang C.
- Duc ND, Cong PH, Ngo T, Tran P, Anh VM, Quang VD. Nonlinear vibration and dynamic response of imperfect eccentrically stiffened shear deformable sandwich plate with functionally graded material in thermal environment. Journal of Sandwich Structures and Materials. 2016, Vol. 18, Issue 4. DOI: 10.1177/1099636215602142
- Ghazlan A, Ngo D, Lam N, Tran P. A Numerical Investigation of the Performance of a Nacre-like Composite under Blast Loading. 2nd Australasian Conference on Computational Mechanics (ACCM). Queensland University of Technology. 2015. Editors: Gu YT, Guan H.
- Tran P, Ghazlan A, Ngo T. Design Bio-Inspired Composite Structure Subjected to Blast Loading. Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Performance-based and Life-cycle Structural Engineering. University of Queensland. 2015. Editors: Fernando D, Teng J-G, Torero JL.
- Maduliat S, Ngo T, Tran P. Energy absorption of steel hollow tubes under bending. Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers: Structures and Buildings. 2015, Vol. 168, Issue 12. DOI: 10.1680/stbu.14.00109
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile