Associate Professor Allison Kealy
- Positioning (Sensor fusion, ubiquitous positioning, localization in wireless sensor networks)
- Satellite Positioning Systems (Quality Control for CORS GNSS networks and GNSS for weather forecasting)
Dr Alison Kealy is a Senior Lecturer in the Dept of Infrastructure Engineering at The University of Melbourne.
Dr Kealy has been a researcher in sensor fusion and satellite positioning systems for almost two decades. The new models and algorithms for measurement integration developed in her PhD research have been published internationally and implemented as part of a commercial mobile mapping system for Queensland Rail, Australia. Dr Kealy has since refined these models to include measurements from other satellite and terrestrial sensors. These results have been integrated into the Geodetic strategy for the Victorian Department of Sustainability and Environment (DSE).
Dr Kealy is currently a collaborator with DSE on a project in integrated positioning solutions for wireless sensor networks ($50,000). CI Kealy recently completed an ARC Linkage grant ($800,000) awarded collaboratively with RMIT University, University of New South Wales and DSE. The results of this project are currently under evaluation across the Victorian regional network of GPS reference stations.
CI Kealy was also part of two research teams awarded funding from the Australian Cooperative Research Centre for Spatial Information (CRC-SI). One project investigated the fusion of data of different quality ($300,000) and the other quality control for CORS networks ($250,000). CI Kealy hold a current ARC International Linkage Grant (2008-2010) with international experts at The University of Nottingham, UK and Vienna University of Technology, Austria respectively. CI Kealy was also an expert adviser to Air Services Australia on their GPS Ground-based Regional Augmentation System (GRAS) and has implemented a near real-time, GPS based weather forecasting system under evaluation by the Australian Bureau of Meteorology.
- Yang W, Chang Q, Kealy A, Xu Y, Lan T. A Novel Location-Awareness Method Using CubeSats for Locating the Spot Beam Emitters of Geostationary Communications Satellites. MATHEMATICAL PROBLEMS IN ENGINEERING. Hindawi Publishing Corp. 2018. DOI: 10.1155/2018/8035093
- Li Y, Williams S, Moran W, Kealy A, Retscher G. High-dimensional probabilistic fingerprinting in wireless sensor networks based on a multivariate gaussian mixture model. Sensors (Switzerland). Molecular Diversity Preservation International. 2018, Vol. 18, Issue 8. DOI: 10.3390/s18082602
- Retscher G, Hofer H, Kealy A, Gikas V. Cooperative localization in indoor environments using constrained differential wi-fi and UWB measurements. 30th International Technical Meeting of the Satellite Division of the Institute of Navigation, ION GNSS 2017. 2017, Vol. 5.
- Goel S, Kealy A, Gikas V, Retscher G, Toth C, Brzezinska D-G, Lohani B. Cooperative Localization of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles Using GNSS, MEMS Inertial, and UWB Sensors. JOURNAL OF SURVEYING ENGINEERING. ASCE - American Society of Civil Engineers. 2017, Vol. 143, Issue 4. DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)SU.1943-5428.0000230
- Tran H, Khoshelham K, Kealy A, DÍaz-VilariÑo L. EXTRACTING TOPOLOGICAL RELATIONS between INDOOR SPACES from POINT CLOUDS. ISPRS Annals of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences. 2017, Vol. 4, Issue 2W4. DOI: 10.5194/isprs-annals-IV-2-W4-401-2017
- Gikas V, Antoniou C, Retscher G, Panagopoulos A, Kealy A, Perakis H, Mpimis T. A low-cost wireless sensors positioning solution for indoor parking facilities management. JOURNAL OF LOCATION BASED SERVICES. Taylor & Francis Ltd. 2016, Vol. 10, Issue 4. DOI: 10.1080/17489725.2016.1231351
- Tengku A, Kealy A, Fuller S. Characterising High Precision GNSS Receiver Positioning Performance using Internal Receiver Uncertainties from Repeatable Real World Signals. 29th International Technical Meeting of The-Satellite-Division-of-the-Institute-of-Navigation (ION GNSS+). Institute of Navigation. 2016.
- Goel S, Kealy A, Lohani B. COOPERATIVE UAS LOCALIZATION USING LOW COST SENSORS. 23rd ISPRS Congress. Copernicus GmBH. 2016, Vol. 3, Issue 1. Editors: Halounova L, Safar V, Toth CK, Karas J, Huadong G, Haala N, Habib A, Reinartz P, Tang X, Li J, Armenakis C, Grenzdorffer G, Leroux P, Stylianidis S, Blasi R, Menard M, Dufourmount H, Li Z. DOI: 10.5194/isprsannals-III-1-183-2016
- Gu F, Kealy A, Khoshelham K, Shang J. EFFICIENT AND ACCURATE INDOOR LOCALIZATION USING LANDMARK GRAPHSX. 23rd Congress of the International-Society-for-Photogrammetry-and-Remote-Sensing (ISPRS). Copernicus GmBH. 2016, Vol. 41, Issue B2. Editors: Halounova L, Li S, Safar V, Tomkova M, Rapant P, Brazdil K, Shi W, Anton F, Liu Y, Stein A, Cheng T, Pettit C, Li QQ, Sester M, Mostafavi MA, Madden M, Tong X, Brovelli MA, Haekyong K, Kawashima H, Coltekin A. DOI: 10.5194/isprsarchives-XLI-B2-509-2016
- Tengku R, Kealy A. End user awareness towards GNSS positioning performance and testing. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. Rheinisch-Westfaelische Technische Hochschule Aachen * Lehrstuhl Informatik V. 2016, Vol. 1570.
- Cheong L, Bleisch S, Kealy A, Tolhurst K, Wilkening T, Duckham M. Evaluating the impact of visualization of wildfire hazard upon decision-making under uncertainty. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF GEOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION SCIENCE. Taylor & Francis Ltd. 2016, Vol. 30, Issue 7. DOI: 10.1080/13658816.2015.1131829
- Goel S, Kealy A, Lohani B. Infrastructure vs Peer to Peer Cooperative Positioning: A Comparative Analysis. 29th International Technical Meeting of The-Satellite-Division-of-the-Institute-of-Navigation (ION GNSS+). Institute of Navigation. 2016.
- Sheth F, Benke K, Kealy A, Rabian AH, Raeside M, Waters EK, Hamilton A. Investigation of feeding preferences of GPS monitored sheep in a binary choice experimental design under conditions of spatial uncertainty. JOURNAL OF SPATIAL SCIENCE. Spatial Sciences Institute. 2016, Vol. 61, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1080/14498596.2015.1030791
- Grejner-Brzezinska DA, Toth CK, Moore T, Raquet JF, Miller MM, Kealy A. Multisensor Navigation Systems: A Remedy for GNSS Vulnerabilities?. PROCEEDINGS OF THE IEEE. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2016, Vol. 104, Issue 6. DOI: 10.1109/JPROC.2016.2528538
- Veenendaal B, Kealy A. SPECIAL FEATURE: The power of location. JOURNAL OF SPATIAL SCIENCE. Spatial Sciences Institute. 2016, Vol. 61, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1080/14498596.2016.1231266
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile