Dr Hossein Agheshlui
I received my B.Sc. (2005) in Civil Engineering and my M.Sc. (2007) in Marine Structures Engineering from KNT University of Technology, Tehran, IRAN. I graduated with PhD in Structural Engineering in 2014 from The University of Melbourne during which I focused on the design and development of a new type of innovative bolted connection for use in steel-concrete composite structures to overcome a major problem in building construction using concrete filled steel tubular columns. I have also spent over four years working in a wide range of projects in Oil and Gas and Infrastructure projects in design, construction and installation stages. Due to my interest in the Energy sector, I started doing research on subsurface geomechanics as a post-doctoral research fellow at Melbourne University in 2015. My current research areas include: Numerical Modelling, Subsurface Geomechanics, Steel and Concrete Structures.
- Agheshlui H, Sedaghat MH, Azizmohammadi S. A comparative study of stress influence on fracture apertures in fragmented rocks. JOURNAL OF ROCK MECHANICS AND GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEERING. Zhongguo Kexue Zazhishe. 2019, Vol. 11, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1016/j.jrmge.2018.05.003
- Matthai S, Sedaghat M, Agheshlui H. Aperture modelling for the flow-based determination of fracture-matrix ensemble saturation functions for naturally fractured reservoirs. 3rd EAGE Workshop on Naturally Fractured Reservoirs. 2018, Vol. 2018-February.
- Agheshlui H, Sedaghat MH, Matthai S. Stress Influence on Fracture Aperture and Permeability of Fragmented Rocks. JOURNAL OF GEOPHYSICAL RESEARCH-SOLID EARTH. Wiley-Blackwell Publishing. 2018, Vol. 123, Issue 5. DOI: 10.1029/2017JB015365
- Agheshlui H, Goldsworthy H, Gad E, Mirza O. Anchored blind bolted composite connection to a concrete filled steel tubular column. STEEL AND COMPOSITE STRUCTURES. Techno-Press. 2017, Vol. 23, Issue 1. DOI: 10.12989/scs.2017.23.1.115
- Agheshlui H, Matthai S. Uncertainties in the estimation of in situ stresses: effects of heterogeneity and thermal perturbation. GEOMECHANICS AND GEOPHYSICS FOR GEO-ENERGY AND GEO-RESOURCES. Dr Dietrich Steinkopff Verlag. 2017, Vol. 3, Issue 4. DOI: 10.1007/s40948-017-0069-z
- Agheshlui H, Goldsworthy H, Gad E, Yao H. Tensile Behavior of Groups of Anchored Blind Bolts within Concrete-Filled Steel Square Hollow Sections. JOURNAL OF STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING. ASCE - American Society of Civil Engineers. 2016, Vol. 142, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)ST.1943-541X.0001388
- Agheshlui H, Goldsworthy H, Gad E, Fernando S. Tensile behaviour of anchored blind bolts in concrete filled square hollow sections. MATERIALS AND STRUCTURES. Springer. 2016, Vol. 49, Issue 4. DOI: 10.1617/s11527-015-0592-8
- Agheshlui H. Investigation of the influence of post installation of vertical braces in the lateral capacity of jacket type offshore platforms. 21st Australasian Conference on the Mechanics of Structures and Materials (ACMSM). Taylor & Francis Ltd. 2011. Editors: Fragomeni S, Venkatesan S, Lam NTK, Setunge S.
- Agheshlui H, Lam N, Gad E. Displacement based seismic assessment of cable stayed bridges. 2010 ACMSM. CRC Press (Taylor & Francis Group). 2010.
- Agheshlui H. EFFECT OF BRACING CONFIGURATIONS ON THE LATERAL BEHAVIOR OF JACKET TYPE OFFSHORE PLATFORMS, CONSIDERING PILE-SOIL-STRUCTURE INTERACTION. 29th ASME International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering. ASME International. 2010.
- Asgarian B, Agheshlui H. Reliability-based earthquake design of jacket-type offshore platforms considering pile-soil-structure interaction. American Journal of Applied Sciences. Science Publications. 2009, Vol. 6, Issue 4. DOI: 10.3844/ajas.2009.631.637