Dr. Katie Potts is a Research Fellow in the Centre for Disaster Management and Public Safety (CDMPS). She completed her PhD in Engineering at the University of Melbourne in 2014 and obtained a Bachelors degree in Geomatic Engineering at the University of Melbourne in 2009. Dr. Potts has broad research interests including land administration, disaster management, risk management and disaster risk reduction. Her current research includes an investigation into Australian land administration systems to determine how land and property information can support societal risk management, development of a decision support system for urban disasters, and investigation into optimum economic policy options to recover or minimise the adverse effects of natural hazards through the development of a pre-disaster multi-hazard damage and economic loss estimation model.
- Potts K, Rajabifard A, Bennett RM. Supporting the risk management process with land information: a case study of Australia. DISASTERS. Wiley-Blackwell Publishing. 2017, Vol. 41, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1111/disa.12195
- Potts K, Rajabifard A. Smart Disaster Communities: Building a Global Disaster Management Platform. Spatial Enablement in a Smart World. GSDI Association Press. 2016.
- Rajabifard A, Ulubasoglu M, Potts K, Rahman MH, Kalantari M, Bhattacharya P. A Pre-Disaster Multi-Hazard Damage and Economic Loss Estimation Model for Australia. AFAC Conference. 2015.
- Rahman MH, Chen Y, Potts K, Bhattacharya P, Rajabifard A, Ulubasoglu M, Kalantari Soltanieh S. Bringing hazard and economic modellers together: a spatial platform for damage and losses visualisation. Bushfire and Natural Hazards CRC & AFAC annual conference 2015. 2015. Editors: Rumsewicz M.
- Potts K, Bennett R, Rajabifard A. Spatially enabled bushfire recovery. GeoJournal. Kluwer Academic Publishers. 2013, Vol. 78, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1007/s10708-011-9437-3
- Potts K, Rajabifard A, Bennett R, Williamson I. Spatially Enabled Risk Management: Models, Cases, Validation. Spatially enabling gvernment, industry and citizens: research and development perspectives. GSDI Association Press. 2012. Editors: Rajabifard A, Coleman D.
- Potts K, Rajabifard A, Williamson I. Spatially Enabling Risk for Management of Land and Property. Proceedings of the SURVEYING & SPATIAL SCIENCES BIENNIAL CONFERENCE 2011. Surveying & Spatial Sciences Institute. 2011.
- Wallace J, Marwick B, Bennett R, Rajabifard A, Williamson I, Tambuwala N, Potts K, Agunbiade M. Spatially Enabling Land Administration: Drivers, Initiatives and Future Directions for Australia. Spatially Enabling Society Research, Emerging Trends and Critical Assessment. Leuven University Press. 2010. Editors: Rajabifard A, Crompvoets J, Kalantari M, Kok B.