- Transport modelling and simulation
I am currently the Research Fellow in Collaborative Transportation in the Department of Infrastructure Engineering. My research is based around assisting planners and engineers in decision-making by creating appropriate, effective, and usable computational models of systems and behaviours. I specialise in agent-based modelling of transportation systems.
- Ronald N, Navidi Z, Wang Y, Rigby M, Jain S, Kutadinata R, Thompson R, Winter S. Mobility Patterns in Shared, Autonomous, and Connected Urban Transport. DISRUPTING MOBILITY: IMPACTS OF SHARING ECONOMY AND INNOVATIVE TRANSPORTATION ON CITIES. Hindawi Publishing Corp. 2017. Editors: Meyer G, Shaheen S. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-51602-8_16
- Ronald N, Thompson R, Winter S. Simulating ad-hoc demand-responsive transportation: a comparison of three approaches. TRANSPORTATION PLANNING AND TECHNOLOGY. Taylor & Francis Ltd. 2017, Vol. 40, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1080/03081060.2017.1283159
- Ronald N, Yang J, Thompson R. Exploring Co-Modality Using On-Demand Transport Systems. 9th International Conference on City Logistics. Elsevier BV. 2016, Vol. 12. Editors: Taniguchi E, Thompson RG. DOI: 10.1016/j.trpro.2016.02.059
- Zhao H, Ronald N, Winter S. A Fading Memory Model for Indoor Evacuation - Preliminary Results. 21st International Congress on Modelling and Simulation. Modelling and Simulation Society of Australia and New Zealand. 2015. Editors: Weber T, McPhee MJ, Anderssen RS.
- Das R, Ronald N, Winter S. A simulation study on automated transport mode detection in near-real time using a neural network. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. Rheinisch-Westfaelische Technische Hochschule Aachen * Lehrstuhl Informatik V. 2015, Vol. 1323.
- Ronald N, Thompson R, Winter S. Comparison of Constrained and Ad Hoc Demand-Responsive Transportation Systems. TRANSPORTATION RESEARCH RECORD. U.S. National Research Council, Transportation Research Board. 2015, Issue 2536. DOI: 10.3141/2536-06
- Kelly R, Ronald N, Wallace M, Winter S. Exploring the effects of mixed request schemes for demand-responsive feeder services. 21st International Congress on Modelling and Simulation (MODSIM) held jointly with the 23rd National Conference of the Australian-Society-for-Operations-Research / DSTO led Defence Operations Research Symposium (DORS. MODSIM2011. 2015. Editors: Weber T, McPhee MJ, Anderssen RS.
- Ronald N, Thompson R, Winter S. Modelling ad-hoc DRT over many days: a preliminary study. 21st International Congress on Modelling and Simulation. Modelling and Simulation Society of Australia and New Zealand. 2015. Editors: Weber T, McPhee MJ, Anderssen RS.
- Ronald N, Thompson R, Winter S. Simulating Demand-responsive Transportation: A Review of Agent-based Approaches. TRANSPORT REVIEWS. Taylor & Francis. 2015, Vol. 35, Issue 4. DOI: 10.1080/01441647.2015.1017749
- Das R, Ronald N, Winter S. Clustering based Transfer Detection with Fuzzy Activity Recognition from Smart-phone GPS Trajectories. 2014 IEEE 17TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON INTELLIGENT TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS (ITSC). IEEE. 2014.
- Ronald N, Thompson R, Haasz J, Winter S. Determining the Viability of a Demand-Responsive Transport System under Varying Demand Scenarios. 21st ACM SIGSPATIAL International Conference on Advances in Geographic Information Systems (ACM SIGSPATIAL GIS 2013). ACM Press. 2013. DOI: 10.1145/2533828.2533831
- Ma H, Ronald N, Arentze TA, Timmermans HJP. Negotiating on location, timing, duration, and participant in agent-mediated joint activity-travel scheduling. Journal of Geographical Systems. Springer. 2013, Vol. 15, Issue 4. DOI: 10.1007/s10109-012-0173-0
- Ronald N. Workers, adventurers, explorers: uncovering activity patterns in Melbourne. 36th Australasian Transport Research Forum (ATRF). Australasian Transport Research Forum. 2013.
- Ronald N, Arentze T, Timmermans H. Modeling social interactions between individuals for joint activity scheduling. Transportation Research. Part B: Methodological. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2012, Vol. 46, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1016/j.trb.2011.10.003
- Ronald N, Dignum V, Jonker C, Arentze T, Timmermans H. On the engineering of agent-based simulations of social activities with social networks. Information and Software Technology. Elsevier BV. 2012, Vol. 54, Issue 6. DOI: 10.1016/j.infsof.2011.12.004
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile