Professor Emad Gad
- Effects of mine blasts on structures
- Steel structures
- Structural dynamics
- Structural vibrations
- Testing and finite element modelling
Professor Emad Gad is an Honorary Principal Fellow in the Department of Infrastructure Engineering at The University of Melbourne.
Prof Gad is a Professor in the Centre for Sustainable Infrastructure Civil Engineering, Faculty of Engineering & Industrial Science at Swinburne University of Technology.
Areas of expertise and research
- Structural dynamics
- Residential construction
- Structural modelling
- Field and laboratory structural testing
- Mudiyanselage S, Rajeev P, Gad E, Sriskantharajah B, Flatley I. Application of stress wave propagation technique for condition assessment of timber poles. Structure and Infrastructure Engineering. 2019, Vol. 15, Issue 9. DOI: 10.1080/15732479.2019.1610463
- Saifullah I, Gad E, Shahi R, Wilson J, Lam N, Watson K. Behaviour of plasterboard-lined steel-framed ceiling diaphragms. Thin-Walled Structures. Pergamon Press. 2019, Vol. 141. DOI: 10.1016/j.tws.2019.04.013
- Majeed ZZA, Lam N, Lam C, Gad E, Kwan JSH. Contact force generated by impact of boulder on concrete surface. International Journal of Impact Engineering. Pergamon. 2019, Vol. 132. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijimpeng.2019.103324
- Wijaya H, Rajeev P, Gad E, Amirsardari A. Effect of hysteretic steel damper uncertainty on seismic performance of steel buildings. JOURNAL OF CONSTRUCTIONAL STEEL RESEARCH. Elsevier Science. 2019, Vol. 157. DOI: 10.1016/j.jcsr.2019.02.016
- Plesnik M, Gad E, Nakhla M. Efficient Steady-State Simulation of Switching Power Converter Circuits. IEEE Transactions on Components, Packaging and Manufacturing Technology. 2019, Vol. 9, Issue 7. DOI: 10.1109/TCPMT.2018.2873486
- Al Abadi H, Paton-Cole V, Gad E, Lam N, Patel V. Rocking Behavior of Irregular Free-Standing Objects Subjected to Earthquake Motion. JOURNAL OF EARTHQUAKE ENGINEERING. Imperial College Press. 2019, Vol. 23, Issue 5. DOI: 10.1080/13632469.2017.1342305
- Pokharel T, Goldsworthy H, Gad E. Tensile behaviour of double headed anchored blind bolt in concrete filled square hollow section under cyclic loading. CONSTRUCTION AND BUILDING MATERIALS. Elsevier BV. 2019, Vol. 200. DOI: 10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2018.12.089
- Sun J, Lam N, Zhang L, Ruan D, Gad E. A note on Hunt and Crossley model with generalized visco-elastic damping. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF IMPACT ENGINEERING. Pergamon. 2018, Vol. 121. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijimpeng.2018.07.007
- Pokharel T, Goldsworthy H, Gad E. Behaviour of double headed anchored blind bolt under cyclic loading. Tubular Structures XVI - Proceedings of the 16th International Symposium on Tubular Structures, ISTS 2017. 2018. DOI: 10.1201/9781351210843-44
- Heath D, Lee J, King B, Gad E, Eligehausen R. Design of cast-in headed and hooked fasteners. AUSTRALIAN JOURNAL OF STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING. Institution of Engineers Australia. 2018, Vol. 19, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1080/13287982.2018.1460080
- Lam N, Menegon SJ, Wilson JL, Gad E. Development of Simple and Transparent Non-Linear Analysis Methods for RC Walls. Australian Earthquake Engineering Society 2018 Conference. The Australian Earthquake Engineering Society. 2018.
- Lam N, Yong A, Lam C, Kwan JSH, Perera JS, Miri Disfani M, Gad E. Displacement-Based Approach for the Assessment of Overturning Stability of Rectangular Rigid Barriers Subjected to Point Impact. JOURNAL OF ENGINEERING MECHANICS. ASCE - American Society of Civil Engineers. 2018, Vol. 144, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)EM.1943-7889.0001383
- Godbole S, Lam N, Mafas M, Fernando S, Gad E, Hashemi J. Dynamic loading on a prefabricated modular unit of a building during road transportation. JOURNAL OF BUILDING ENGINEERING. Elsevier. 2018, Vol. 18. DOI: 10.1016/j.jobe.2018.03.017
- Pathirana M, Lam N, Perera S, Zhang L, Gad E, Aye L. High strength structural glass for walk-on photovoltaic modules. Proceedings of Zero Energy Mass Custom Home 2018. 2018.
- Tsang HH, Gad E, Wilson JL, Jordan JW, Moore AJ, Richards AB. Mine blast vibration response spectrum for structural vulnerability assessment: case study of heritage masonry buildings. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ARCHITECTURAL HERITAGE. Taylor & Francis Ltd. 2018, Vol. 12, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1080/15583058.2017.1406015
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile