Professor Emad Gad
- Effects of mine blasts on structures
- Steel structures
- Structural dynamics
- Structural vibrations
- Testing and finite element modelling
Professor Emad Gad is an Honorary Principal Fellow in the Department of Infrastructure Engineering at The University of Melbourne.
Prof Gad is a Professor in the Centre for Sustainable Infrastructure Civil Engineering, Faculty of Engineering & Industrial Science at Swinburne University of Technology.
Areas of expertise and research
- Structural dynamics
- Residential construction
- Structural modelling
- Field and laboratory structural testing
- Sun J, Lam N, Zhang L, Ruan D, Gad E. A note on Hunt and Crossley model with generalized visco-elastic damping. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF IMPACT ENGINEERING. Pergamon. 2018, Vol. 121. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijimpeng.2018.07.007
- Heath D, Lee J, King B, Gad E, Eligehausen R. Design of cast-in headed and hooked fasteners. AUSTRALIAN JOURNAL OF STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING. Institution of Engineers Australia. 2018, Vol. 19, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1080/13287982.2018.1460080
- Lam N, Menegon SJ, Wilson JL, Gad E. Development of Simple and Transparent Non-Linear Analysis Methods for RC Walls. Australian Earthquake Engineering Society 2018 Conference. The Australian Earthquake Engineering Society. 2018.
- Lam N, Yong A, Lam C, Kwan JSH, Perera JS, Miri Disfani M, Gad E. Displacement-Based Approach for the Assessment of Overturning Stability of Rectangular Rigid Barriers Subjected to Point Impact. JOURNAL OF ENGINEERING MECHANICS. ASCE - American Society of Civil Engineers. 2018, Vol. 144, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)EM.1943-7889.0001383
- Godbole S, Lam N, Mafas M, Fernando S, Gad E, Hashemi J. Dynamic loading on a prefabricated modular unit of a building during road transportation. JOURNAL OF BUILDING ENGINEERING. Elsevier. 2018, Vol. 18. DOI: 10.1016/j.jobe.2018.03.017
- Plesnik M, Gad E, Nakhla M. Efficient Steady-State Simulation of Switching Power Converter Circuits. IEEE Transactions on Components, Packaging and Manufacturing Technology. 2018. DOI: 10.1109/TCPMT.2018.2873486
- Pathirana M, Lam N, Perera S, Zhang L, Gad E, Aye L. High strength structural glass for walk-on photovoltaic modules. Proceedings of Zero Energy Mass Custom Home 2018. 2018.
- Tsang HH, Gad E, Wilson JL, Jordan JW, Moore AJ, Richards AB. Mine blast vibration response spectrum for structural vulnerability assessment: case study of heritage masonry buildings. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ARCHITECTURAL HERITAGE. Taylor & Francis Ltd. 2018, Vol. 12, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1080/15583058.2017.1406015
- Karunarathne AMAN, Fardipour M, Gad E, Rajeev P, Miri Disfani M, Sivanerupan S, Wilson JL. Modelling of Climate Induced Moisture Variations and Subsequent Ground Movements in Expansive Soils. GEOTECHNICAL AND GEOLOGICAL ENGINEERING. Springer Verlag. 2018, Vol. 36, Issue 4. DOI: 10.1007/s10706-018-0476-0
- Karunarathne AMAN, Fardipour M, Gad E, Rajeev P, Miri Disfani M, Sivanerupan S, Wilson JL. Modelling of Climate Induced Moisture Variations and Subsequent Ground Movements in Expansive Soils (vol 36, pg 2455, 2018). GEOTECHNICAL AND GEOLOGICAL ENGINEERING. Springer Verlag. 2018, Vol. 36, Issue 4. DOI: 10.1007/s10706-018-0500-4
- Srisangeerthanan S, Hashemi MJ, Rajeev P, Gad E, Fernando S. Numerical study on the effects of diaphragm stiffness and strength on the seismic response of multi-story modular buildings. ENGINEERING STRUCTURES. Elsevier Science. 2018, Vol. 163. DOI: 10.1016/j.engstruct.2018.02.048
- Mehdizadeh A, Miri Disfani M, Narsilio G, Tsang C, Evans R, Gad E. Performance of a new driven battered micropiles system in sand. Deep Foundations Institute. 2018.
- Miri Disfani M, Evans R, Gad E, Mehdizadeh A, Jennings W. PERFORMANCE OF BATTERED MINI DRIVEN PILE GROUP IN BASALTIC CLAYS: FIELD TESTING AND NUMERICAL MODELLING. AUSTRALIAN GEOMECHANICS JOURNAL. Australian Geomechanics Society. 2018, Vol. 53, Issue 2.
- Wilson J, Gad E. Preface. Australian Journal of Structural Engineering. Institution of Engineers Australia. 2018, Vol. 19, Issue 4. DOI: 10.1080/13287982.2018.1545425
- Perera S, Lam N, Pathirana M, Zhang L, Ruan D, Gad E. Probabilistic modelling of forces of hail. NATURAL HAZARDS. Kluwer Academic Publishers. 2018, Vol. 91, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1007/s11069-017-3117-7
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile