Professor Emad Gad
- Effects of mine blasts on structures
- Steel structures
- Structural dynamics
- Structural vibrations
- Testing and finite element modelling
Professor Emad Gad is an Honorary Principal Fellow in the Department of Infrastructure Engineering at The University of Melbourne.
Prof Gad is a Professor in the Centre for Sustainable Infrastructure Civil Engineering, Faculty of Engineering & Industrial Science at Swinburne University of Technology.
Areas of expertise and research
- Structural dynamics
- Residential construction
- Structural modelling
- Field and laboratory structural testing
- Pathirana M, Lam N, Perera S, Zhang L, Gad E, Aye L. High strength structural glass for walk-on photovoltaic modules. Proceedings of Zero Energy Mass Custom Home 2018. 2018.
- Tsang HH, Gad E, Wilson JL, Jordan JW, Moore AJ, Richards AB. Mine blast vibration response spectrum for structural vulnerability assessment: case study of heritage masonry buildings. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ARCHITECTURAL HERITAGE. Taylor & Francis Ltd. 2018, Vol. 12, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1080/15583058.2017.1406015
- Perera S, Lam N, Pathirana M, Zhang L, Ruan D, Gad E. Probabilistic modelling of forces of hail. NATURAL HAZARDS. Kluwer Academic Publishers. 2018, Vol. 91, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1007/s11069-017-3117-7
- Zabihi A, Tsang HH, Gad E, Wilson JL. Analytical development of seismic retrofit technique for RC beam-column joint using single diagonal haunch. Mechanics of Structures and Materials: Advancements and Challenges - Proceedings of the 24th Australasian Conference on the Mechanics of Structures and Materials, ACMSM24 2016. 2017.
- Agheshlui H, Goldsworthy H, Gad E, Mirza O. Anchored blind bolted composite connection to a concrete filled steel tubular column. STEEL AND COMPOSITE STRUCTURES. Techno-Press. 2017, Vol. 23, Issue 1. DOI: 10.12989/scs.2017.23.1.115
- Oktavianus Y, Chang H, Goldsworthy H, Gad E. Component model for pull-out behaviour of headed anchored blind bolt within concrete filled circular hollow section. ENGINEERING STRUCTURES. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 148. DOI: 10.1016/j.engstruct.2017.06.056
- Sun J, Lam N, Zhang L, Ruan D, Gad E. Computer Simulation of Contact Forces Generated by Impact. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF STRUCTURAL STABILITY AND DYNAMICS. World Scientific Publishing Co. 2017, Vol. 17, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1142/S0219455417500055
- Oktavianus Y, Goldsworthy H, Gad E. Cyclic behaviour of individual double headed anchored blind bolts within CFST. JOURNAL OF CONSTRUCTIONAL STEEL RESEARCH. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 133. DOI: 10.1016/j.jcsr.2017.03.004
- Pathirana M, Lam N, Perera S, Zhang L, Ruan D, Gad E. Damage modelling of aluminium panels impacted by windborne debris. JOURNAL OF WIND ENGINEERING AND INDUSTRIAL AERODYNAMICS. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 165. DOI: 10.1016/j.jweia.2017.02.014
- Menegon SJ, Wilson JL, Lam N, Gad E. EXPERIMENTAL TESTING OF REINFORCED CONCRETE WALLS IN REGIONS OF LOWER SEISMICITY. BULLETIN OF THE NEW ZEALAND SOCIETY FOR EARTHQUAKE ENGINEERING. 2017, Vol. 50, Issue 4.
- Farhan MA, Nakhla MS, Gad E, Achar R. Parallel high-order envelope-following method for fast transient analysis of highly oscillatory circuits. IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Systems. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2017, Vol. 25, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1109/TVLSI.2016.2566443
- Pham L, Gad E, Fernando S, Hargroves K. Performance framework for modular construction. Mechanics of Structures and Materials: Advancements and Challenges - Proceedings of the 24th Australasian Conference on the Mechanics of Structures and Materials, ACMSM24 2016. 2017.
- Menegon SJ, Wilson JL, Lam N, Gad E. RC walls in Australia: reconnaissance survey of industry and literature review of experimental testing. AUSTRALIAN JOURNAL OF STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING. Institution of Engineers Australia. 2017, Vol. 18, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1080/13287982.2017.1315207
- Pathirana M, Lam N, Perera S, Zhang L, Ruan D, Gad E. Risks of failure of annealed glass panels subject to point contact actions. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF SOLIDS AND STRUCTURES. Pergamon. 2017, Vol. 129. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijsolstr.2017.09.001
- Al Abadi H, Paton-Cole V, Gad E, Lam N, Patel V. Rocking Behavior of Irregular Free-Standing Objects Subjected to Earthquake Motion. Journal of Earthquake Engineering. Imperial College Press. 2017. DOI: 10.1080/13632469.2017.1342305
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile