Professor Priyan Mendis
- Fire behaviour of structures
- High-strength concrete
- Modelling and durability of Infrastructure, New Construction and Defence Materials, Sustainable Infrastructure (Tall Buildings, Bridges, Disaster Management)
- Nanotechnology in Construction, Structural BioEngineering
- Protective Technology of Structures (Blast effects)
- Testing and Assessment of infrastructure (Non destructive testing)
- Wind effects on Tall buildings
Priyan Mendis is a Professor in the Department of Infrastructure Engineering and the Leader of the Advanced Protective Technology of Engineering Structures Group. He was also the Convener of the ARC Research Network for a Secure Australia (RNSA) from 2004 -2011.
Prof Mendis obtained his PhD from Monash University, Australia.
He is also the Director of the ARC Centre for Advanced Manufacturing of Prefabricated Housing Research interests
- Protective technology of structures
-Smart Infrastructure, design, assessment and monitoring
- Seismic design of reinforced and prestressed concrete structures
- Design of tall buildings and bridges
- Disaster mitigation and management
- Sustainable infrastructure
He is also a member of several institutions including: Institution of Engineering, Concrete Institute of Australia and American Concrete Institute.
- Samarasinghe T, Mendis P, Aye L. An optimisation method for MEP plant room modularization. Proceedings of Zero Energy Mass Custom Home 2018. 2018.
- Thalpe Guruge P, Samarasinghe T, Gunawardena D, Nguyen T, Mendis P, Ngo T, Aye L. An optimum construction strategy for multi-story residential prefabricated modular buildings. Proceedings of Zero Energy Mass Custom Home 2018. 2018.
- Lee H, Vimonsatit V, Chindaprasirt P, Ngo T, Mendis P. Creep properties of cement and alkali activated fly ash materials using nanoindentation technique. CONSTRUCTION AND BUILDING MATERIALS. Elsevier BV. 2018, Vol. 168. DOI: 10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2018.02.166
- Orlowski K, Shanaka K, Mendis P. Design and Development of weatherproof seals for prefabricated construction: A methodological approach. Buildings. 2018, Vol. 8, Issue 9. DOI: 10.3390/buildings8090117
- Sofi M, Lumantarna E, Zhong A, Mendis P, Duffield C, Barnes R. Determining dynamic characteristics of high rise buildings using interferometric radar system. ENGINEERING STRUCTURES. Elsevier Science. 2018, Vol. 164. DOI: 10.1016/j.engstruct.2018.02.084
- Maizuar M, Lumantarna E, Sofi M, Oktavianus Y, Zhang L, Duffield C, Mendis P, Widyastuti H. Dynamic behavior of Indonesian bridges using interferometric radar technology. Electronic Journal of Structural Engineering. Electronic Journal of Structural Engineering International. 2018, Vol. 18, Issue 1.
- Hajimohammadi A, Ngo T, Mendis P. Enhancing the strength of pre-made foams for foam concrete applications. CEMENT & CONCRETE COMPOSITES. Pergamon. 2018, Vol. 87. DOI: 10.1016/j.cemconcomp.2017.12.014
- Walkley B, Kashani A, Sani M, Ngo T, Mendis P. Examination of alkali-activated material nanostructure during thermal treatment. JOURNAL OF MATERIALS SCIENCE. Springer. 2018, Vol. 53, Issue 13. DOI: 10.1007/s10853-018-2270-z
- Nguyen T, Ngo T, Tran P, Mendis P, Aye L, Baduge SK. Fire resistance of a prefabricated bushfire bunker using aerated concrete panels. CONSTRUCTION AND BUILDING MATERIALS. Elsevier BV. 2018, Vol. 174. DOI: 10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2018.04.065
- Miramini S, Sofi M, Aseem A, Baluwala A, Zhang L, Mendis P, Duffield C. Health assessment of a pedestrian bridge deck using ground penetrating radar. Electronic Journal of Structural Engineering. Electronic Journal of Structural Engineering International. 2018, Vol. 18, Issue 1.
- Ngo T, Susiswo H, Duffield C, Mendis P, Ghazlan A. Identification of the risk of blast-induced glass window failure in a complex environment. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PROTECTIVE STRUCTURES. Multi-Science Publishing. 2018, Vol. 9, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1177/2041419617748659
- Wijayasundara M, Mendis P, Crawford R. Integrated assessment of the use of recycled concrete aggregate replacing natural aggregate in structural concrete. JOURNAL OF CLEANER PRODUCTION. Elsevier. 2018, Vol. 174. DOI: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2017.10.301
- Bagheri A, Nazari A, Hajimohammadi A, Sanjayan JG, Rajeev P, Nikzad M, Ngo T, Mendis P. Microstructural study of environmentally friendly boroaluminosilicate geopolymers. JOURNAL OF CLEANER PRODUCTION. Elsevier. 2018, Vol. 189. DOI: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2018.04.034
- Wijayasundara M, Mendis P, Crawford R. Net incremental indirect external benefit of manufacturing recycled aggregate concrete. Waste Management. Pergamon. 2018, Vol. 78. DOI: 10.1016/j.wasman.2018.02.042
- Nguyen T, Ngo T, Mendis P, Heath D. Performance of high-strength concrete walls exposed to fire. 24th Australasian Conference on the Mechanics of Structures and Materials (ACMSM). Multi-Science Publishing. 2018, Vol. 21, Issue 8. DOI: 10.1177/1369433217732500
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile