Professor Priyan Mendis
- Fire behaviour of structures
- High-strength concrete
- Modelling and durability of Infrastructure, New Construction and Defence Materials, Sustainable Infrastructure (Tall Buildings, Bridges, Disaster Management)
- Nanotechnology in Construction, Structural BioEngineering
- Protective Technology of Structures (Blast effects)
- Testing and Assessment of infrastructure (Non destructive testing)
- Wind effects on Tall buildings
Priyan Mendis is a Professor in the Department of Infrastructure Engineering and the Leader of the Advanced Protective Technology of Engineering Structures Group. He was also the Convener of the ARC Research Network for a Secure Australia (RNSA) from 2004 -2011.
Prof Mendis obtained his PhD from Monash University, Australia.
He is also the Director of the ARC Centre for Advanced Manufacturing of Prefabricated Housing Research interests
- Protective technology of structures
-Smart Infrastructure, design, assessment and monitoring
- Seismic design of reinforced and prestressed concrete structures
- Design of tall buildings and bridges
- Disaster mitigation and management
- Sustainable infrastructure
He is also a member of several institutions including: Institution of Engineering, Concrete Institute of Australia and American Concrete Institute.
- Alajarmeh OS, Manalo AC, Benmokrane B, Karunasena W, Mendis P. Axial performance of hollow concrete columns reinforced with GFRP composite bars with different reinforcement ratios. COMPOSITE STRUCTURES. Pergamon. 2019, Vol. 213. DOI: 10.1016/j.compstruct.2019.01.096
- Alajarmeh OS, Manalo AC, Benmokrane B, Karunasena W, Mendis P, Nguyen KTQ. Compressive behavior of axially loaded circular hollow concrete columns reinforced with GFRP bars and spirals. CONSTRUCTION AND BUILDING MATERIALS. Elsevier BV. 2019, Vol. 194. DOI: 10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2018.11.016
- Ghimire S, Miramini S, Richardson M, Mendis P, Zhang L. Effects of dynamic loading on fracture healing under different locking compression plate configurations: A finite element study. Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials. Elsevier. 2019, Vol. 94. DOI: 10.1016/j.jmbbm.2019.03.004
- Maranan GB, Manalo AC, Benmokrane B, Karunasena W, Mendis P, Nguyen TQ. Flexural behavior of geopolymer-concrete beams longitudinally reinforced with GFRP and steel hybrid reinforcements. ENGINEERING STRUCTURES. Elsevier Science. 2019, Vol. 182. DOI: 10.1016/j.engstruct.2018.12.073
- Ferdous W, Bai Y, Ngo T, Manalo A, Mendis P. New advancements, challenges and opportunities of multi-storey modular buildings – A state-of-the-art review. Engineering Structures. Elsevier Science. 2019, Vol. 183. DOI: 10.1016/j.engstruct.2019.01.061
- Samarasinghe T, Mendis P, Aye L. An optimisation method for MEP plant room modularization. Proceedings of Zero Energy Mass Custom Home 2018. 2018.
- Thalpe Guruge P, Samarasinghe T, Gunawardena D, Nguyen T, Mendis P, Ngo T, Aye L. An optimum construction strategy for multi-story residential prefabricated modular buildings. Proceedings of Zero Energy Mass Custom Home 2018. 2018.
- Lee H, Vimonsatit V, Chindaprasirt P, Ngo T, Mendis P. Creep properties of cement and alkali activated fly ash materials using nanoindentation technique. CONSTRUCTION AND BUILDING MATERIALS. Elsevier BV. 2018, Vol. 168. DOI: 10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2018.02.166
- Orlowski K, Kristombu Baduge K, Mendis P. Design and Development of Weatherproof Seals for Prefabricated Construction: A Methodological Approach. BUILDINGS. 2018, Vol. 8, Issue 9. DOI: 10.3390/buildings8090117
- Sofi M, Lumantarna E, Zhong A, Mendis P, Duffield C, Barnes R. Determining dynamic characteristics of high rise buildings using interferometric radar system. ENGINEERING STRUCTURES. Elsevier Science. 2018, Vol. 164. DOI: 10.1016/j.engstruct.2018.02.084
- Maizuar M, Lumantarna E, Sofi M, Oktavianus Y, Zhang L, Duffield C, Mendis P, Widyastuti H. Dynamic Behavior of Indonesian Bridges using Interferometric Radar Technology. ELECTRONIC JOURNAL OF STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING. Electronic Journal of Structural Engineering International. 2018, Vol. 18, Issue 1.
- Ferdous W, Ngo T, Nguyen T, Ghazlan A, Mendis P, Manalo A. Effect of fire-retardant ceram powder on the properties of phenolic-based GFRP composites. COMPOSITES PART B-ENGINEERING. Elsevier. 2018, Vol. 155. DOI: 10.1016/j.compositesb.2018.09.032
- Hajimohammadi A, Ngo T, Mendis P. Enhancing the strength of pre-made foams for foam concrete applications. CEMENT & CONCRETE COMPOSITES. Pergamon. 2018, Vol. 87. DOI: 10.1016/j.cemconcomp.2017.12.014
- Walkley B, Kashani A, Sani M, Ngo T, Mendis P. Examination of alkali-activated material nanostructure during thermal treatment. JOURNAL OF MATERIALS SCIENCE. Springer. 2018, Vol. 53, Issue 13. DOI: 10.1007/s10853-018-2270-z
- Nguyen T, Ngo T, Tran P, Mendis P, Aye L, Kristombu Baduge K. Fire resistance of a prefabricated bushfire bunker using aerated concrete panels. CONSTRUCTION AND BUILDING MATERIALS. Elsevier BV. 2018, Vol. 174. DOI: 10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2018.04.065
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile