Associate Professor Lu Aye
- Advanced energy systems
- Biomass gasification
- Drying and dehumidifying
- Energy system simulation and optimisation
- Green buildings and sustainable renewable energy technologies
- Heat pumps
- Life cycle analysis of energy systems
- Natural working fluids
- Thermal storage
Lu Aye is an Associate Professor in the Department of Infrastructure Engineering at The University of Melbourne.
A/Prof. Aye has an international collaboration in Exchange programs, Research, Technical Assistance/ Training with the Chiang Mai Univeristy, Thailand.
He is also a member of the University of Melbourne Energy Institute Energy Efficiency and Smart Grids research groups.
- Paxton F, Vu J, Hui K, Aye L. A minimum viable product design of volumetric building modules. Proceedings of Zero Energy Mass Custom Home 2018. 2018.
- Wells L, Rismanchi B, Aye L. A review of Net Zero Energy Buildings with reflections on the Australian context. ENERGY AND BUILDINGS. Elsevier Science. 2018, Vol. 158. DOI: 10.1016/j.enbuild.2017.10.055
- Samarasinghe T, Mendis P, Aye L. An optimisation method for MEP plant room modularization. Proceedings of Zero Energy Mass Custom Home 2018. 2018.
- Thalpe Guruge P, Samarasinghe T, Gunawardena D, Nguyen T, Mendis P, Ngo T, Aye L. An optimum construction strategy for multi-story residential prefabricated modular buildings. Proceedings of Zero Energy Mass Custom Home 2018. 2018.
- Reisi M, Afzali A, Aye L. Applications of analytical hierarchy process (AHP) and analytical network process (ANP) for industrial site selections in Isfahan, Iran. Environmental Earth Sciences. Springer. 2018, Vol. 77, Issue 14. DOI: 10.1007/s12665-018-7702-1
- Rismanchi B, Shah S, Lhendup T, Aye L. Chapter 15: Thermal Storage Technologies for Space Cooling and Heating. Low Carbon Energy Supply: Trends, Technology, Management. Springer. 2018. Editors: Sharma A, Shukla A, Aye L. DOI: 10.1007/978-981-10-7326-7_15
- Aye L, Narsilio G. Chapter 18: Shallow Geothermal Energy: An Emerging Technology. Low Carbon Energy Supply: Trends, Technology, Management. Springer. 2018. Editors: Sharma A, Shukla A, Aye L. DOI: 10.1007/978-981-10-7326-7_18
- Aye L, Jayalath A. Chapter 1: Applications of Solar Thermal Technologies in the Built Environment. Low Carbon Energy Supply: Trends, Technology, Management. Springer. 2018. Editors: Sharma A, Shukla A, Aye L. DOI: 10.1007/978-981-10-7326-7_1
- Aye L, Jayalath A. Chapter 4: Passive and Low Energy Buildings. Sustainability through Energy-Efficient Buildings. CRC Press (Taylor & Francis Group). 2018. Editors: Shukla A, Sharma A.
- Bush J, Aye L, Hes D, Murfitt P. Chapter 6: How Could Sustainability Transition Theories Support Practice-Based Strategic Planning?. Urban Sustainability Transitions: Australian Cases - International Perspectives. Springer. 2018. Editors: Moore T, De Haan F, Horne R, Gleeson B. DOI: 10.1007/978-981-10-4792-3_5
- Zhou J, Chau H, Kang Y, Hes D, Noguchi M, Aye L. Comparing mixing ventilation and displacement ventilation in university classrooms. Proceedings of Zero Energy Mass Custom Home 2018. 2018.
- Chau H, Newton C, Woo C, Ma N, Wang J, Aye L. Design Lessons from Three Australian Dementia Support Facilities. BUILDINGS. 2018, Vol. 8, Issue 5. DOI: 10.3390/buildings8050067
- Shi G, Aye L, Liu Y-C, Du X-J. Dynamic simulation of liquefied petroleum gas vaporisation for burners. APPLIED THERMAL ENGINEERING. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2018, Vol. 137. DOI: 10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2018.04.030
- Harrington L, Aye L, Fuller B. Energy impacts of defrosting in household refrigerators: Lessons from field and laboratory measurements. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF REFRIGERATION-REVUE INTERNATIONALE DU FROID. Elsevier. 2018, Vol. 86. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijrefrig.2017.12.002
- Akemi Yokota, Aye L, Noguchi M. Exploring demands for mass customised prefabricated houses in Brazil. Proceedings of Zero Energy Mass Custom Home 2018. 2018.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile