Associate Professor Lu Aye
- Advanced energy systems
- Biomass gasification
- Drying and dehumidifying
- Energy system simulation and optimisation
- Green buildings and sustainable renewable energy technologies
- Heat pumps
- Life cycle analysis of energy systems
- Natural working fluids
- Thermal storage
Lu Aye is an Associate Professor in the Department of Infrastructure Engineering at The University of Melbourne.
A/Prof. Aye has an international collaboration in Exchange programs, Research, Technical Assistance/ Training with the Chiang Mai Univeristy, Thailand.
He is also a member of the University of Melbourne Energy Institute Energy Efficiency and Smart Grids research groups.
- Paxton F, Vu J, Hui K, Aye L. A minimum viable product design of volumetric building modules. Proceedings of Zero Energy Mass Custom Home 2018. 2018.
- Wells L, Rismanchi B, Aye L. A review of Net Zero Energy Buildings with reflections on the Australian context. ENERGY AND BUILDINGS. Elsevier Science. 2018, Vol. 158. DOI: 10.1016/j.enbuild.2017.10.055
- Samarasinghe T, Mendis P, Aye L. An optimisation method for MEP plant room modularization. Proceedings of Zero Energy Mass Custom Home 2018. 2018.
- Thalpe Guruge P, Samarasinghe T, Gunawardena D, Nguyen T, Mendis P, Ngo T, Aye L. An optimum construction strategy for multi-story residential prefabricated modular buildings. Proceedings of Zero Energy Mass Custom Home 2018. 2018.
- Aye L, Jayalath A. Chapter 4: Passive and Low Energy Buildings. Sustainability through Energy-Efficient Buildings. CRC Press (Taylor & Francis Group). 2018. Editors: Shukla A, Sharma A.
- Bush J, Aye L, Hes D, Murfitt P. Chapter 6: How Could Sustainability Transition Theories Support Practice-Based Strategic Planning?. Urban Sustainability Transitions: Australian Cases - International Perspectives. Springer. 2018. Editors: Moore T, De Haan F, Horne R, Gleeson B. DOI: 10.1007/978-981-10-4792-3
- Zhou J, Chau H, Kang Y, Hes D, Noguchi M, Aye L. Comparing mixing ventilation and displacement ventilation in university classrooms. Proceedings of Zero Energy Mass Custom Home 2018. 2018.
- Chau H, Newton C, Woo C, Ma N, Wang J, Aye L. Design lessons from three Australian dementia support facilities. Buildings. MDPI AG. 2018, Vol. 8, Issue 5. DOI: 10.3390/buildings8050067
- Shi G, Aye L, Liu YC, Du XJ. Dynamic simulation of liquefied petroleum gas vaporisation for burners. Applied Thermal Engineering. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2018, Vol. 137. DOI: 10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2018.04.030
- Harrington L, Aye L, Fuller B. Energy impacts of defrosting in household refrigerators: Lessons from field and laboratory measurements. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF REFRIGERATION-REVUE INTERNATIONALE DU FROID. Elsevier. 2018, Vol. 86. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijrefrig.2017.12.002
- Akemi Yokota, Aye L, Noguchi M. Exploring demands for mass customised prefabricated houses in Brazil. Proceedings of Zero Energy Mass Custom Home 2018. 2018.
- Hemachandra P, Miri Disfani M, Mohammadinia A, Aye L. Field test results on permeable pavements comprising tyre derived aggregates. 10th International Conference on Water Sensitive Urban Design: Creating water sensitive communities (WSUD 2018 & Hydropolis 2018). Engineers Australia. 2018.
- Nguyen T, Ngo T, Tran P, Mendis P, Aye L, Baduge SK. Fire resistance of a prefabricated bushfire bunker using aerated concrete panels. CONSTRUCTION AND BUILDING MATERIALS. Elsevier BV. 2018, Vol. 174. DOI: 10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2018.04.065
- Pathirana M, Lam N, Perera S, Zhang L, Gad E, Aye L. High strength structural glass for walk-on photovoltaic modules. Proceedings of Zero Energy Mass Custom Home 2018. 2018.
- Zhou Y, Mikhaylova O, Bidarmaghz A, Donovan B, Narsilio G, Aye L. Hybrid geothermal-gas and geothermal-solar-gas heating systems for poultry sheds. Proceedings of Zero Energy Mass Custom Home 2018. 2018.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile