Professor Clive Fraser
- Automated digital camera calibration
- Close-range photogrammetry applied to forensics
- Digital photogrammetry for topographic mapping
- Geomatic engineering, digital photogrammetry, image-based modelling, high-resolutuin satellite imagery, accident reconstruction
- Heritage recording
- Spatial information generation from high-resolution satellite imagery
- Vision metrology for industrial and engineering measurement
Professor Fraser's particular areas of research interest in geomatics are in digital close-range photogrammetry, industrial measurement systems and the metric exploitation of high-resolution satellite imagery. He also serves as a Program Science Director of the Cooperative Research Centre for Spatial Information and he is a Director of Photometrix Pty Ltd.
Prof. Fraser is a Fellow of the Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering and the American Society of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ASPRS), and he is an Honorary Member of The Remote Sensing and Photogrammetric Society of the UK.
In recognition of his academic and professional work he has earned numerous international awards including the Fairchild Photogrammetric Award, Outstanding Technical Achievement, Talbert Abrams, Wild Heerbrugg and Bausch & Lomb Awards, all from ASPRS; and the President's Medal, President's Prize and the E.H.Thompson Award from the Remote Sensing & Photogrammetry Society.
Prof. Fraser has a number of active international research and industry collaborations, and he serves as a consultant to industry in Australia, Japan, the US and Europe. He also serves on the Editorial Boards of four of the leading international journals dealing with photogrammetry and remote sensing and he has authored more than 320 publications.
- Ramezani M, Khoshelham K, Fraser C. Pose estimation by Omnidirectional Visual-Inertial Odometry. ROBOTICS AND AUTONOMOUS SYSTEMS. Elsevier. 2018, Vol. 105. DOI: 10.1016/j.robot.2018.03.007
- He Y, Zhang C, Fraser C. Progressive Filtering of Airborne LiDAR Point Clouds Using Graph Cuts. IEEE JOURNAL OF SELECTED TOPICS IN APPLIED EARTH OBSERVATIONS AND REMOTE SENSING. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2018, Vol. 11, Issue 8. DOI: 10.1109/JSTARS.2018.2839738
- Zhang C, He Y, Fraser C. Spectral Clustering of Straight-Line Segments for Roof Plane Extraction From Airborne LiDAR Point Clouds. IEEE GEOSCIENCE AND REMOTE SENSING LETTERS. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2018, Vol. 15, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1109/LGRS.2017.2785380
- Azadbakht M, Fraser C, Khoshelham K. Synergy of sampling techniques and ensemble classifiers for classification of urban environments using full-waveform LiDAR data. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF APPLIED EARTH OBSERVATION AND GEOINFORMATION. Elsevier Science. 2018, Vol. 73. DOI: 10.1016/j.jag.2018.06.009
- He H, Khoshelham K, Fraser C. A TWO-STEP CLASSIFICATION APPROACH to DISTINGUISHING SIMILAR OBJECTS in MOBILE LIDAR POINT CLOUDS. ISPRS Annals of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences. 2017, Vol. 4, Issue 2W4. DOI: 10.5194/isprs-annals-IV-2-W4-67-2017
- Fraser C. Professor Clive Fraser. PHOTOGRAMMETRIC ENGINEERING AND REMOTE SENSING. American Society for Photogrammetry. 2017, Vol. 83, Issue 9.
- Azadbakht M, Fraser C, Khoshelham K. A Sparsity-Based Regularization Approach for Deconvolution of Full-Waveform Airborne Lidar Data. REMOTE SENSING. MDPI AG. 2016, Vol. 8, Issue 8. DOI: 10.3390/rs8080648
- Parmehr EG, Fraser C, Zhang C. Automatic Parameter Selection for Intensity-Based Registration of Imagery to LiDAR Data. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON GEOSCIENCE AND REMOTE SENSING. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2016, Vol. 54, Issue 12. DOI: 10.1109/TGRS.2016.2594294
- Azadbakht M, Fraser C, Khoshelham K. Improved Urban Scene Classification Using Full-Waveform Lidar. PHOTOGRAMMETRIC ENGINEERING AND REMOTE SENSING. American Society for Photogrammetry. 2016, Vol. 82, Issue 12. DOI: 10.14358/PERS.82.12.973
- Parmehr EG, Amati M, Fraser C. MAPPING URBAN TREE CANOPY COVER USING FUSED AIRBORNE LIDAR AND SATELLITE IMAGERY DATA. 23rd ISPRS Congress. Copernicus GmBH. 2016, Vol. 3, Issue 7. Editors: Halounova L, Sunar F, Potuckova M, Patkova L, Yoshimura M, Soergel U. DOI: 10.5194/isprsannals-III-7-181-2016
- Parmehr EG, Amati M, Fraser C. MAPPING URBAN TREE CANOPY COVER USING FUSED AIRBORNE LIDAR and SATELLITE IMAGERY DATA. ISPRS Annals of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences. 2016, Vol. 3. DOI: 10.5194/isprs-annals-III-7-181-2016
- Luhmann T, Fraser C, Maas H-G. Sensor modelling and camera calibration for close-range photogrammetry. ISPRS JOURNAL OF PHOTOGRAMMETRY AND REMOTE SENSING. Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 115. DOI: 10.1016/j.isprsjprs.2015.10.006
- Zhu Z, Stamatopoulos C, Fraser C. Accurate and occlusion-robust multi-view stereo. ISPRS JOURNAL OF PHOTOGRAMMETRY AND REMOTE SENSING. Elsevier Science. 2015, Vol. 109. DOI: 10.1016/j.isprsjprs.2015.08.008
- Awrangjeb M, Fraser C, Lu G. BUILDING CHANGE DETECTION FROM LIDAR POINT CLOUD DATA BASED ON CONNECTED COMPONENT ANALYSIS. ISPRS Geospatial Week. Copernicus GmBH. 2015, Vol. II-3, Issue W5. Editors: Mallet C, Paparoditis N, Dowman I, Elberink SO, Raimond AM, Rottensteiner F, Yang M, Christophe S, Coltekin A, Bredif M. DOI: 10.5194/isprsannals-II-3-W5-393-2015
- Granshaw SI, Fraser C. COMPUTER VISION AND PHOTOGRAMMETRY: INTERACTION OR INTROSPECTION?. PHOTOGRAMMETRIC RECORD. Photogrammetric Society, University College London. 2015, Vol. 30, Issue 149. DOI: 10.1111/phor.12092
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile