Dr Soheil Sabri
- Urban Analytics (Spatial Statistics, Spatial Analysis and Modelling, GeoDesign)
Soheil is a Research Fellow in Urban Analytics at the Centre for SDIs and Land Administration in The University of Melbourne. He managed and delivered several research projects including a project funded by Singapore Government (Urban Redevelopment Authority) about developing a multi-dimensional open standard platform and analytical tools for liveability analysis. He also managed and successfully delivered a research funded Australia Research Council - Linkage, Infrastructure, Equipment and Facilities, titled: "Urban Analytics Data Infrastructure". His research focuses on enabling spatial information and technological innovation in smart urban planning and design to improve urban quality of life. He investigates approaches for leveraging 3D land and property information and spatial data access initiatives such as Australian Urban Research Infrastructure Network (AURIN) in planning for future smart cities. Prior to this, he was a senior lecturer in the Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) and served as a principle investigator and co-investigator in several researches about urban gentrification, affordable housing, and the impact of built environment on public health and welfare, funded by UTM and the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia. Soheil earned his Masters in Geography and Urban Planning in 2004 and PhD in Urban & Regional Planning in 2012. He has more than a decade hand on experience in consultancy, research and teaching about urban planning, particularly land use planning and development, as well as planning 2.0 (Web technology in urban planning), and spatial analysis and modelling. He has also previous experience as an urban planning consultant in Iran, focusing on marginal communities and inner-city redevelopments that provide practical value to his research outcomes.
- Qiao, Y-K.; Peng, F-L.; Sabri, S.; Rajabifard, A. Low carbon effects of urban underground space. Sustainable Cities and Society. ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV. 2019, Vol. 45, pp. 451-459. DOI: 10.1016/j.scs.2018.12.015
- Chen, Y.; Sabri, S.; Rajabifard, A.; Agunbiade, ME. An ontology-based spatial data harmonisation for urban analytics. Computers, Environment and Urban Systems. ELSEVIER SCI LTD. 2018, Vol. 72, pp. 177-190. DOI: 10.1016/j.compenvurbsys.2018.06.009
- Chen, Y.; Shooraj, E.; Rajabifard, A.; Sabri, S. From IFC to 3D Tiles: An Integrated Open-Source Solution for Visualising BIMs on Cesium. ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information. MDPI. 2018, Vol. 7, Issue 10. DOI: 10.3390/ijgi7100393
- Agius, T.; Sabri, S.; Kalantari, M. Three-Dimensional Rule-Based City Modelling to Support Urban Redevelopment Process. ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information. MDPI. 2018, Vol. 7, Issue 10. DOI: 10.3390/ijgi7100413
- Muhammad, Z.; Sik, KK.; Johar, F.; Sabri, S. An overview of critical success factors of publicprivate partnership in the delivery of urban infrastructure and services. Planning Malaysia. 2016, Vol. 4, Issue Special Issue 4, pp. 147-162.
- Sabri, S.; Rajabifard, A.; Ho, S.; Amirebrahimi, S.; Bishop, I. Leveraging VGI Integrated with 3D Spatial Technology to Support Urban Intensification in Melbourne, Australia. Urban Planning. COGITATIO PRESS. 2016, Vol. 1, Issue 2, pp. 32-48. DOI: 10.17645/up.v1i2.623
- Amirebrahimi, S.; Rajabifard, A.; Sabri, S.; Mendis, P. SPATIAL INFORMATION in SUPPORT of 3D FLOOD DAMAGE ASSESSMENT of BUILDINGS at MICRO LEVEL: A REVIEW. ISPRS Annals of Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences. Copernicus GmbH. 2016, Vol. 4, Issue 2W1, pp. 73-80. DOI: 10.5194/isprs-annals-IV-2-W1-73-2016
- Muhammad, Z.; Johar, F.; Sabri, S.; Jonathan, ZU. A REVIEW OF HOUSING PROVISION AND THE CHALLENGES OF SUSTAINABLE HOUSING DELIVERY IN THE FEDERAL CAPITAL TERRITORY ABUJA, NIGERIA. Jurnal Teknologi. PENERBIT UTM PRESS. 2015, Vol. 77, Issue 14, pp. 23-31. DOI: 10.11113/jt.v77.6443
- Sabri, S.; Rajabifard, A.; Ho, S.; Namazi-rad, M-R.; Pettit, C. Alternative Planning and Land Administration for Future Smart Cities. IEEE Technology and Society Magazine. IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC. 2015, Vol. 34, Issue 4, pp. 33-+. DOI: 10.1109/MTS.2015.2494298
- Abd Khalil, RA.; Johar, F.; Sabri, S. The Impact of New-build Gentrification in Iskandar Malaysia: A case study of Nusajaya. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences. ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV. 2015, Vol. 202, pp. 495-504. DOI: 10.1016/j.sbspro.2015.08.192
- Sabri, S.; Pettit, C.; Kalantari, M.; Rajabifard, A.; White, M.; Lade, O.; Ngo, T. What are Essential requirements in Planning for Future Cities using Open Data Infrastructures and 3D Data Models?. CUPUM 2015 - 14th International Conference on Computers in Urban Planning and Urban Management. Computers in Urban Planning and Urban Management. 2015.
- Yeganeh, N.; Sabri, S. Flood vulnerability assessment in Iskandar Malaysia using multi-criteria evaluation and fuzzy logic. Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology. Maxwell Scientific Publication Corp.. 2014, Vol. 8, Issue 16, pp. 1794-1806. DOI: 10.19026/rjaset.8.1167
- Lawal, DU.; Matori, AN.; Yusof, KW.; Hashim, AM.; Aminu, M.; Sabri, S.; Balogun, AL.; Chandio, IA.; Mokhtar, MRM. group-based decision support for flood hazard forecasting: A geospatial technology-based group analytic hierarchy process approach. Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology. Maxwell Scientific Publication Corp.. 2014, Vol. 7, Issue 23, pp. 4838-4850. DOI: 10.19026/rjaset.7.873
- Maxwell, O.; Wagiran, H.; Ibrahim, N.; Andrew, OI.; Solomon, OO.; Sabri, S. Integrated geoelectrical and structural studies for ground-water investigation in parts of Abuja, North Central Nigeria. Near Surface Geophysics. EUROPEAN ASSOC GEOSCIENTISTS & ENGINEERS. 2014, Vol. 12, Issue 4, pp. 515-521. DOI: 10.3997/1873-0604.2014007
- Afzali, A.; Sabri, S.; Rashid, M.; Samani, JMV.; Ludin, ANM. Inter-Municipal Landfill Site Selection Using Analytic Network Process. Water Resources Management. SPRINGER. 2014, Vol. 28, Issue 8, pp. 2179-2194. DOI: 10.1007/s11269-014-0605-3
- Umaru, ET.; Ludin, AMN.; Sabri, S. Spatiotemporal analysis of the spread of meningococcal meningitis in kaduna metropolis, 2007-2011. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science. IOP PUBLISHING LTD. 2014, Vol. 18, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1088/1755-1315/18/1/012056
- Sabri, S.; Ludin, ANM.; Majid, MR. UBIQUITOUS GEOSPATIAL CONCEPT IN EVOLUTION OF THE MACRO AND MICRO SPATIAL PLANNING. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science. IOP PUBLISHING LTD. 2014, Vol. 18, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1088/1755-1315/18/1/012176
- Sabri, S.; Ludin, ANM.; Johar, F. Assessment of neighbourhood affordability based on housing and transportation costs in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Planning Malaysia. 2013, Vol. 11, pp. 75-100.
- Maxwell, O.; Wagiran, H.; Ibrahim, N.; Lee, SK.; Sabri, S. Comparison of activity concentration of U-238, Th-232 and K-40 in different Layers of subsurface Structures in Dei-Dei and Kubwa, Abuja, northcentral Nigeria. Radiation Physics and Chemistry. PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD. 2013, Vol. 91, pp. 70-80. DOI: 10.1016/j.radphyschem.2013.05.006
- Che'man, N.; Sabri, S.; Hosni, N.; Timmermans, H. Firm dynamic analysis for urban land use and economic growth modelling. Planning Malaysia. 2013, Vol. 11, pp. 57-74.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile