Associate Professor Graham A. Moore
- Engineering Education
- Systems Thinking applied to climate adaptation
Assoc. Prof. Graham Moore is an Education Specialist in the Department of Infrastructure Engineering at The University of Melbourne.
As part of the 2012 Vice Chancellor’s Awards a number of Engineering and IT staff and students were recognised for their community projects. Dr Graham Moore from the Department of Infrastructure Engineering was also honoured for his role as project mentor in the Ilahita Expedition, conducted with students from the Melbourne University Community Development Club. This student project, developed by members of the Melbourne University Community Development Club (MUCDC), involves a working relationship with the remote village of Ilahita, Papua New Guinea.
Although the University’s partnership with Ilahita began with an engineering focus in 2008, the collaboration has grown to be inter-disciplinary, with team members now including students from the faculties of Arts, Commerce, Engineering and Law and this year, students from the faculties of Engineering, Arts, Commerce and Law took part in the expedition.
Each year, groups of students travel to the village of Ilahita in Papua New Guinea to work on projects aiming to improve the wellbeing and living standards of the community.
- Chowdhury, RB.; Moore, GA.; Weatherley, AJ. A multi-year phosphorus flow analysis of a key agricultural region in Australia to identify options for sustainable management. Agricultural Systems. ELSEVIER SCI LTD. 2018, Vol. 161, pp. 42-60. DOI: 10.1016/j.agsy.2017.12.005
- Shrestha, S.; Peel, MC.; Moore, GA. Development of a Regression Model for Estimating Daily Radiative Forcing Due to Atmospheric Aerosols from Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectrometers (MODIS) Data in the Indo Gangetic Plain (IGP). Atmosphere. MDPI. 2018, Vol. 9, Issue 10. DOI: 10.3390/atmos9100405
- Shrestha, S.; Moore, GA.; Peel, MC. Trends in winter fog events in the Terai region of Nepal. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology. ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV. 2018, Vol. 259, pp. 118-130. DOI: 10.1016/j.agrformet.2018.04.018
- Chowdhury, RB.; Moore, GA. Floating agriculture: a potential cleaner production technique for climate change adaptation and sustainable community development in Bangladesh. Journal of Cleaner Production. ELSEVIER SCI LTD. 2017, Vol. 150, pp. 371-389. DOI: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2015.10.060
- Chowdhury, RB.; Moore, GA.; Weatherley, AJ.; Arora, M. Key sustainability challenges for the global phosphorus resource, their implications for global food security, and options for mitigation. Journal of Cleaner Production. ELSEVIER SCI LTD. 2017, Vol. 140, pp. 945-963. DOI: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2016.07.012
- Simangunsong, BCH.; Sitanggang, VJ.; Manurung, EGT.; Rahmadi, A.; Moore, GA.; Aye, L.; Tambunan, AH. Potential forest biomass resource as feedstock for bioenergy and its economic value in Indonesia. Forest Policy and Economics. ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV. 2017, Vol. 81, pp. 10-17. DOI: 10.1016/j.forpol.2017.03.022
- Mcgain, F.; Moore, G.; Black, J. Steam sterilisation's energy and water footprint. Australian Health Review. CSIRO PUBLISHING. 2017, Vol. 41, Issue 1, pp. 26-32. DOI: 10.1071/AH15142
- He, X.; Rumbaugh, M.; Lillibridge, B.; Moore, G. Tapping into a new source for water supply in central Texas: A feasibility study of direct potable reuse. Water Environment Federation Technical Exhibition and Conference 2017, WEFTEC 2017. 2017, Vol. 7, pp. 4993-5006.
- Chowdhury, RB.; Moore, GA.; Weatherley, AJ.; Arora, M. A novel substance flow analysis model for analysing multi-year phosphorus flow at the regional scale. Science of The Total Environment. ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV. 2016, Vol. 572, pp. 1269-1280. DOI: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2015.10.055
- Mcgain, F.; Moore, G.; Black, J. Hospital steam sterilizer usage: could we switch off to save electricity and water?. Journal of Health Services Research & Policy. SAGE PUBLICATIONS INC. 2016, Vol. 21, Issue 3, pp. 166-171. DOI: 10.1177/1355819615625698
- Moore, G.; Stevens, R.; Mcpherson, G. Videoconferencing for teaching and learning using highly interactive pedagogy. . School of Engineering, Deakin University. 2015, pp. 1028-1036.
- Biswas Chowdhury, R.; Moore, GA.; Weatherley, AJ.; Arora, M. A review of recent substance flow analyses of phosphorus to identify priority management areas at different geographical scales. Resources, Conservation and Recycling. ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV. 2014, Vol. 83, pp. 213-228. DOI: 10.1016/j.resconrec.2013.10.014
- Romeijn, H.; Faggian, R.; Sposito, V.; Moore, G. Agricultural land suitability uncertainty determination using weight sensitivity for climatic inputs in a current and future timeframe. . Engineers Australia. 2014, pp. 188-197.
- Rahmadi, A.; Aye, L.; Moore, GA. An analysis of the feasibility and implications of using crude palm oil as renewable fuel for electricity generation in Indonesia. Proceedings of the 52nd Annual Conference, Australian Solar Energy Society (Australian Solar Council). Australian Solar Energy Society. 2014, Vol. 1, Issue 1.
- Rahmadi, A.; Aye, L.; Moore, GA. The feasibility and implications for conventional liquid fossil fuel of the Indonesian biofuel target in 2025. Energy Policy. ELSEVIER SCI LTD. 2013, Vol. 61, pp. 12-21. DOI: 10.1016/j.enpol.2013.06.103
- Moore, GA. Conceptualising and thinking about environmental systems. . Cambridge University Press. 2012, pp. 352-367.
- Candy, S.; Moore, GA.; Freere, P. Design and modeling of a greenhouse for a remote region in Nepal . Procedia Engineering. ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV. 2012, Vol. 49, pp. 152-160. DOI: 10.1016/j.proeng.2012.10.123
- Prpic, JK.; Moore, GA. E-Portfolios as a Quantitative and Qualitative Means of Demonstrating Learning Outcomes and Competencies in Engineering. . IGI Global. 2012, pp. 124-154. DOI: 10.4018/978-1-4666-1809-1.ch007
- Moore, GA.; Prpic, JK. Language Characteristics of Reflective Writing. Proceedings of the 2012 Australasian Association for Engineering Education Conference. Australasian Association for Engineering Education. 2012.
- Moore, GA. Meeting development goals without blowing your carbon budget. . Cambridge University Press. 2012, pp. 114-138.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile