Keirnan Fowler is a hydrologist with 11 years’ experience across industry and academia. He began his career as a consulting engineering for six years with Sinclair Knight Merz (SKM, now Jacobs), working for a variety of government and industry clients on projects covering water resources management, catchment modelling and flood risk. During 2014-2017 Keirnan undertook a PhD at the University of Melbourne, aiming to improve rainfall-runoff modelling under changing climatic conditions. Keirnan continues this research in his current role as a research fellow with the Environmental Hydrology and Water Resources Group, Department of Infrastructure Engineering.
- Fowler, K.; Peel, M.; Western, A.; Zhang, L. Improved Rainfall-Runoff Calibration for Drying Climate: Choice of Objective Function. Water Resources Research. AMER GEOPHYSICAL UNION. 2018, Vol. 54, Issue 5, pp. 3392-3408. DOI: 10.1029/2017WR022466
- Fowler, K.; Coxon, G.; Freer, J.; Peel, M.; Wagener, T.; Western, A.; Woods, R.; Zhang, L. Simulating Runoff Under Changing Climatic Conditions: A Framework for Model Improvement. Water Resources Research. AMER GEOPHYSICAL UNION. 2018, Vol. 54, Issue 12, pp. 9812-9832. DOI: 10.1029/2018WR023989
- Horne, AC.; Morris, CR.; Fowler, KJA.; Costelloe, JF.; Fletcher, TD. MANAGEMENT OPTIONS TO ADDRESS DIFFUSE CAUSES OF HYDROLOGIC ALTERATION. . ACADEMIC PRESS LTD-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD. 2017, pp. 453-481. DOI: 10.1016/B978-0-12-803907-6.00020-6
- Stewardson, MJ.; Acreman, M.; Costelloe, JF.; Fletcher, TD.; Fowler, KJA.; Horne, AC.; Liu, G.; Mcclain, ME.; Peel, MC. UNDERSTANDING HYDROLOGICAL ALTERATION. . ACADEMIC PRESS LTD-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD. 2017, pp. 37-64. DOI: 10.1016/B978-0-12-803907-6.00003-6
- Fowler, KJA.; Peel, MC.; Western, AW.; Zhang, L.; Peterson, TJ. Simulating runoff under changing climatic conditions: Revisiting an apparent deficiency of conceptual rainfall-runoff models. Water Resources Research. AMER GEOPHYSICAL UNION. 2016, Vol. 52, Issue 3, pp. 1820-1846. DOI: 10.1002/2015WR018068
- Fowler, K.; Morden, R.; Lowe, L.; Nathan, R. Advances in assessing the impact of hillside farm dams on streamflow. Australasian Journal of Water Resources. TAYLOR & FRANCIS AS. 2015, Vol. 19, Issue 2, pp. 96-108. DOI: 10.1080/13241583.2015.1116182