Dr Danlu Guo
My key research interest is to understand the impact of various hydro-climatic conditions and processes on water resources systems through statistical modelling, which can provide critical knowledge to estimating the potential response of these systems to a changing climate.
In achieving this, I am particularly interested in the following questions:
1. How can various modelling decisions affect the obtained understanding of hydro-climatic impacts on water resources systems?
2. How can we represent a comprehensive range of possible hydro-climatic conditions under a changing climate?
3. How can we communicate the modelling results precisely, considering model limitations and uncertainties?
Currently I am working with both the University of Melbourne and the University of New South Wales on multiple projects to investigate the impact of climate variability on water quality for both catchment health and public health interests.
- Guo, D.; Lintern, A.; Webb, JA.; Ryu, D.; Liu, S.; Bende-michl, U.; Leahy, P.; Wilson, P.; Western, AW. Key Factors Affecting Temporal Variability in Stream Water Quality. Water Resources Research. AMER GEOPHYSICAL UNION. 2019, Vol. 55, Issue 1, pp. 112-129. DOI: 10.1029/2018WR023370
- Qi, Z.; Zheng, F.; Guo, D.; Zhang, T.; Shao, Y.; Yu, T.; Zhang, K.; Maier, HR. A Comprehensive Framework to Evaluate Hydraulic and Water Quality Impacts of Pipe Breaks on Water Distribution Systems. Water Resources Research. AMER GEOPHYSICAL UNION. 2018, Vol. 54, Issue 10, pp. 8174-8195. DOI: 10.1029/2018WR022736
- Guo, D.; Westra, S.; Maier, HR. An inverse approach to perturb historical rainfall data for scenario-neutral climate impact studies. Journal of Hydrology. ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV. 2018, Vol. 556, pp. 877-890. DOI: 10.1016/j.jhydrol.2016.03.025
- Guo, D.; Johnson, F.; Marshall, L. Assessing the Potential Robustness of Conceptual Rainfall-Runoff Models Under a Changing Climate. Water Resources Research. AMER GEOPHYSICAL UNION. 2018, Vol. 54, Issue 7, pp. 5030-5049. DOI: 10.1029/2018WR022636
- Qi, Z.; Zheng, F.; Guo, D.; Maier, HR.; Zhang, T.; Yu, T.; Shao, Y. Better Understanding of the Capacity of Pressure Sensor Systems to Detect Pipe Burst within Water Distribution Networks. Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management. American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE). 2018, Vol. 144, Issue 7, pp. 04018035-04018035. DOI: 10.1061/(asce)wr.1943-5452.0000957
- Liu, S.; Ryu, D.; Webb, JA.; Lintern, A.; Waters, D.; Guo, D.; Western, AW. Characterisation of spatial variability in water quality in the Great Barrier Reef catchments using multivariate statistical analysis. Marine Pollution Bulletin. PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD. 2018, Vol. 137, pp. 137-151. DOI: 10.1016/j.marpolbul.2018.10.019
- Guo, D.; Lintern, A.; Webb, JA.; Ryu, D.; Liu, S.; Western, AW. Integrated modelling of spatio-temporal variability in stream water quality across victorian catchments. 2018 Hydrology and Water Resources Symposium, HWRS 2018: Water and Communities. 2018, pp. 284-297.
- Guo, D.; Westra, S.; Maier, HR. Impact of evapotranspiration process representation on runoff projections from conceptual rainfall-runoff models. Water Resources Research. AMER GEOPHYSICAL UNION. 2017, Vol. 53, Issue 1, pp. 435-454. DOI: 10.1002/2016WR019627
- Guo, D.; Westra, S.; Maier, HR. Use of a scenario-neutral approach to identify the key hydro-meteorological attributes that impact runoff from a natural catchment. Journal of Hydrology. ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV. 2017, Vol. 554, pp. 317-330. DOI: 10.1016/j.jhydrol.2017.09.021
- Guo, D.; Westra, S.; Maier, HR. An R package for modelling actual, potential and reference evapotranspiration. Environmental Modelling & Software. ELSEVIER SCI LTD. 2016, Vol. 78, pp. 216-224. DOI: 10.1016/j.envsoft.2015.12.019
- Guo, D.; Westra, S.; Maier, HR. Sensitivity of potential evapotranspiration to changes in climate variables for different climatic zones. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences Discussions. Copernicus GmbH. , pp. 1-43. DOI: 10.5194/hess-2016-441