- Conrad's research focuses on rainfall non-stationarity and the advancement of hydrologic guidelines and techniques with climatic change.
Conrad Wasko is currently a McKenzie Fellow at the University of Melbourne. Conrad has undergraduate degrees in both Civil Engineering and Statistics and a PhD in Hydroclimatology from the University of New South Wales. Prior to undertaking a PhD he was a consulting engineer at the Water Research Laboratory. Conrad's primary research area is in the field of stochastic hydrology. His research focuses on the impacts of climate change in hydrology.
- Li, J.; Wasko, C.; Johnson, F.; Evans, JP.; Sharma, A. Can Regional Climate Modeling Capture the Observed Changes in Spatial Organization of Extreme Storms at Higher Temperatures?. Geophysical Research Letters. AMER GEOPHYSICAL UNION. 2018, Vol. 45, Issue 9, pp. 4475-4484. DOI: 10.1029/2018GL077716
- Sharma, A.; Wasko, C.; Lettenmaier, DP. If Precipitation Extremes Are Increasing, Why Aren't Floods?. Water Resources Research. 2018, Vol. 54, Issue 11, pp. 8545-8551. DOI: 10.1029/2018WR023749
- Hettiarachchi, S.; Wasko, C.; Sharma, A. Increase in flood risk resulting from climate change in a developed urban watershed - The role of storm temporal patterns. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences. 2018, Vol. 22, Issue 3, pp. 2041-2056. DOI: 10.5194/hess-22-2041-2018
- Wasko, C.; Lu, WT.; Mehrotra, R. Relationship of extreme precipitation, dry-bulb temperature, and dew point temperature across Australia. Environmental Research Letters. IOP PUBLISHING LTD. 2018, Vol. 13, Issue 7. DOI: 10.1088/1748-9326/aad135
- Wasko, C.; Sharma, A. Continuous rainfall generation for a warmer climate using observed temperature sensitivities. Journal of Hydrology. 2017, Vol. 544, pp. 575-590. DOI: 10.1016/j.jhydrol.2016.12.002
- Wasko, C.; Sharma, A. Global assessment of flood and storm extremes with increased temperatures. Scientific Reports. 2017, Vol. 7, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1038/s41598-017-08481-1
- Smith, GP.; Rahman, PF.; Wasko, C. A comprehensive urban floodplain dataset for model benchmarking. International Journal of River Basin Management. 2016, Vol. 14, Issue 3, pp. 345-356. DOI: 10.1080/15715124.2016.1193510
- Wasko, C.; Parinussa, RM.; Sharma, A. A quasi-global assessment of changes in remotely sensed rainfall extremes with temperature. Geophysical Research Letters. 2016, Vol. 43, Issue 24, pp. 12-668. DOI: 10.1002/2016GL071354
- Wasko, C.; Sharma, A.; Westra, S. Reduced spatial extent of extreme storms at higher temperatures. Geophysical Research Letters. 2016, Vol. 43, Issue 8, pp. 4026-4032. DOI: 10.1002/2016GL068509
- Wasko, C.; Sharma, A. Changed design temporal patterns with higher temperatures. The Art and Science of Water - 36th Hydrology and Water Resources Symposium, HWRS 2015. 2015, pp. 1237-1244.
- Wasko, C.; Sharma, A.; Johnson, F. Does storm duration modulate the extreme precipitation-temperature scaling relationship?. Geophysical Research Letters. 2015, Vol. 42, Issue 20, pp. 8783-8790. DOI: 10.1002/2015GL066274
- Wasko, C.; Pui, A.; Sharma, A.; Mehrotra, R.; Jeremiah, E. Representing low-frequency variability in continuous rainfall simulations: A hierarchical random Bartlett Lewis continuous rainfall generation model. Water Resources Research. 2015, Vol. 51, Issue 12, pp. 9995-10007. DOI: 10.1002/2015WR017469
- Wasko, C.; Sharma, A. Steeper temporal distribution of rain intensity at higher temperatures within Australian storms. Nature Geoscience. 2015, Vol. 8, Issue 7, pp. 527-529. DOI: 10.1038/ngeo2456
- Wasko, C.; Sharma, A. Quantile regression for investigating scaling of extreme precipitation with temperature. Water Resources Research. 2014, Vol. 50, Issue 4, pp. 3608-3614. DOI: 10.1002/2013WR015194
- Wasko, C.; Sharma, A.; Rasmussen, P. Improved spatial prediction: A combinatorial approach. Water Resources Research. 2013, Vol. 49, Issue 7, pp. 3927-3935. DOI: 10.1002/wrcr.20290
- Riley, M.; Smith, G.; Wasko, C. Review of flood hazard prediction on urban floodplains. Proceedings of the 34th Hydrology and Water Resources Symposium, HWRS 2012. 2012, pp. 628-636.
- Wasko, CD.; Sharma, A. Assessing the impact of the 11-year solar cycle on drought in Australia. 18th World IMACS Congress and MODSIM09 International Congress on Modelling and Simulation: Interfacing Modelling and Simulation with Mathematical and Computational Sciences, Proceedings. 2009, pp. 2590-2596.
- Wasko, C.; Sharma, A. Effect of solar variability on atmospheric moisture storage. Geophysical Research Letters. 2009, Vol. 36, Issue 3, pp. n/a-n/a. DOI: 10.1029/2008GL036310
- Wasko, C.; Sharma, A. Erratum: Effect of solar variability on atmospheric moisture storage (Geophysical Research Letters (2009) 36 (L15704) DOI: 10.1029/2009GL039124). Geophysical Research Letters. 2009, Vol. 36, Issue 15, pp. n/a-n/a. DOI: 10.1029/2009GL039124
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile