Professor Colin Duffield
- Infrastructure Procurement (Private financing)
- Risk Management and Procurement (Contracts, delivery systems)
- Structural Dynamics (High Rise, domestic)
Colin is Professor of Engineering Project Management and Civil Engineering Discipline Leader in the Department of Infrastructure Engineering, at The University of Melbourne. He is also a Board member of Infrastructure Australia and a Fellow of the Law School (where he delivers a master level unit in infrastructure procurement). He is a recognised international thought leader in the efficient procurement of public infrastructure and the incorporation of private finance as a mechanism for achieving value for money outcomes.
Colin has extensive experience in the governance of long term contracts and the interaction between policy, technical matters, risk management, financing and contractual arrangements. This expertise has been gained through: an involvement in infrastructure delivery for public and private clients (both as a practitioner and researcher); work on policy via secondment to Treasury and Finance, Victoria; as an adviser to projects on risk and project structuring; as an expert witness; and as an independent reviewer and researcher of major engineering contracts.
Colin’s research has been widely cited in Australia and Internationally by industry, government and peak independent commentators.
- Maizuar, M.; Zhang, L.; Miramini, S.; Mendis, P.; Duffield, C. Structural Health Monitoring of Bridges Using Advanced Non-destructive Testing Technique. . Springer Singapore. 2020, pp. 963-972. DOI: 10.1007/978-981-13-7603-0_91
- Hui, K.; Duffield, C.; Chin, A.; Huang, H. Comparative Efficiency Analysis of Australian and Indonesian Ports. . Open Book Publishers. 2019, pp. 155-185. DOI: 10.11647/OBP.0189
- Sofi, M.; Oktavianus, Y.; Lumantarna, E.; Rajabifard, A.; Duffield, C.; Mendis, P. Condition assessment of concrete by hybrid non-destructive tests. Journal of Civil Structural Health Monitoring. SPRINGER HEIDELBERG. 2019, Vol. 9, Issue 3, pp. 339-351. DOI: 10.1007/s13349-019-00336-9
- Duffield, C.; Hui, K.; Behal, V. Efficient Facilitation of Major Infrastructure Projects. . Open Book Publishers. 2019, pp. 85-112. DOI: 10.11647/OBP.0189
- Hui, FKP.; Aye, L.; Duffield, CE. Engaging Employees with Good Sustainability: Key Performance Indicators for Dry Ports. Sustainability. MDPI. 2019, Vol. 11, Issue 10. DOI: 10.3390/su11102967
- Duffield, C.; Duffield, R.; Wilson, S. Funding and Financing Infrastructure: Indonesia and Australia. . Open Book Publishers. 2019, pp. 53-83. DOI: 10.11647/OBP.0189
- Amirsardari, A.; Sofi, M.; Lumantarna, E.; Imran, I.; Duffield, C. Impact of Earthquakes on the Transportation Infrastructure of Indonesia: A Preliminary Study. Civil Engineering Dimension. The Institute of Research & Community Outreach, Petra Christian University. 2019, Vol. 21, Issue 1, pp. 19-28. DOI: 10.9744/ced.21.1.19-28
- Duffield, C.; Duffield, R.; Wilson, S. Infrastructure Investment in Indonesia - The Economic Context. . Open Book Publishers. 2019, pp. 1-13. DOI: 10.11647/OBP.0189
- Duffield, C.; Hui, K.; Wilson, S. Infrastructure Investment in Indonesia: A Focus on Ports. . Open Book Publishers. 2019, pp. 1-360. DOI: 10.11647/OBP.0189
- Duffield, C.; Duffield, R.; Wilson, S. Infrastructure Planning, Challenges and Risks. . Open Book Publishers. 2019, pp. 15-52. DOI: 10.11647/OBP.0189
- Haya, A-D.; Hui, K.; Duffield, C. Initial Investigation into the Effectiveness of Australian Ports’ Governance and Management Structures. . Open Book Publishers. 2019.
- Saeed, AM.; Duffield, C.; Hui, F. Innovation in Australian publicly operated public-private partnerships. Infrastructure Asset Management. ICE PUBLISHING. 2019, Vol. 6, Issue 3, pp. 166-177. DOI: 10.1680/jinam.18.00008
- Currie, G.; Evans, R.; Duffield, C.; Mareels, I. Policy Options to Regulate PV in Low Voltage Grids-Australian Case with International Implications. Technology and Economics of Smart Grids and Sustainable Energy. Springer Nature. 2019, Vol. 4, Issue 10. DOI: 10.1007/s40866-019-0066-0
- Duffield, C.; Wahyuni, S.; Parikesit, D.; Hui, K.; Wilson, S. Potential Infrastructure Enhancements for Ports and Cities: Conclusions, Future Research and Policy Concepts. . Open Book Publishers. 2019, pp. 327-341. DOI: 10.11647/OBP.0189
- Kuiper, I.; Duffield, C. Profiling Australian Building Information Modelling (BIM) and policy perspectives for public procurement of infrastructure projects. . Department of Infrastructure Engineering, The University of Melbourne. 2019, pp. 1-75.
- Currie, G.; Evans, R.; Duffield, C.; Mareels, I. Temporal Model of the Drivers of Household PV Purchase in Australia. Technology and Economics of Smart Grids and Sustainable Energy. Springer Science and Business Media LLC. 2019, Vol. 4, Issue 1. DOI: 10.1007/s40866-019-0068-y
- Shen, W.; Tang, W.; Siripanan, A.; Lei, Z.; Duffield, C.; Hui, K. Understanding the Green Building Industry in Thailand. . Springer. 2019, pp. 161-180. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-24650-1_9
- Wang, S.; Shen, W.; Tang, W.; Wang, Y.; Duffield, CF.; Hui, FKP. Understanding the social network of stakeholders in hydropower project development: An owners' view. Renewable Energy. PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD. 2019, Vol. 132, pp. 326-334. DOI: 10.1016/j.renene.2018.07.137
- Hui, K.; Zarei, H.; Duffield, C. Visual Tools for Analyzing and Organizing Engineering Data and Information. . IGI Global. 2019.
- Wu, S.; Huang, S.; Wei, Y.; Duffield, C.; Tang, W.; Zhao, Y.; Zheng, H. A longitudinal analysis on the perspectives of major world newspapers on the Three Gorges Dam project during 1982-2015. Water Science and Technology: Water Supply. IWA PUBLISHING. 2018, Vol. 18, Issue 1, pp. 94-107. DOI: 10.2166/ws.2017.088
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile