Dr Behzad Rismanchi
- Building energy
- Energy management
- Net zero energy buildings
Dr. Behzad Rismanchi is a professional member of Engineers Australia (MIEAust), a certified energy manager (CEM) and certified energy auditor (CEA) with more than 6 years’ experience in design, optimisation and research in the energy industry. He has worked across all aspects of the project lifecycle and is particularly skilled in energy management systems, indoor air quality and computational fluid dynamics. After gaining a Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering and a Masters in Energy Conversion, he joined the oil and gas industry for three years. In 2009 he moved to Malaysia and undertook a PhD and a 1-year postdoc in Energy Management. As an energy consultant in industry, he was involved in several national and international projects in Malaysia, Dubai and Indonesia. He joined the Department of Infrastructure of the University of Melbourne in August 2015 as a Lecturer in Building Energy.
His main areas of research are energy management, building energy, thermal energy storage, district cooling/heating systems, indoor air quality, smart cities, GIS based energy mapping, and simulation of heat and mass transfer.
- Li, J.; Rismanchi, B.; Ngo, T. Feasibility study to estimate the environmental benefits of utilising timber to construct high-rise buildings in Australia. Building and Environment. PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD. 2019, Vol. 147, pp. 108-120. DOI: 10.1016/j.buildenv.2018.09.052
- Wells, L.; Rismanchi, B.; Aye, L. A review of Net Zero Energy Buildings with reflections on the Australian context. Energy and Buildings. ELSEVIER SCIENCE SA. 2018, Vol. 158, pp. 616-628. DOI: 10.1016/j.enbuild.2017.10.055
- Burton, C.; Seona, C.; Rismanchi, B. BEHAVIOUR CHANGE VIA SOCIAL SANCTIONS AND SHARED ELECTRICITY. . ISBN: 978-0-7340-5486-9. 2018.
- Panagiotidou, M.; Rismanchi, B.; Aye, L. Low energy building retrofit: A review of objectives and solutions. . ZEMCH Network. 2018, pp. 59-74.
- Shah, SK.; Rismanchi, B.; Aye, L. Net zero fossil energy for heating detached houses in Harbin. . ZEMCH Network. 2018, pp. 625-640.
- Shah, S.; Aye, L.; Rismanchi, B. Optimisation of a seasonal thermal energy storage system for space heating in cold climate zones. . AAEE - Institute for Sustainable Technologies (AEE INTEC). 2018.
- Shah, SK.; Aye, L.; Rismanchi, B. Seasonal thermal energy storage system for cold climate zones: A review of recent developments. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD. 2018, Vol. 97, Issue December 2018, pp. 38-49. DOI: 10.1016/j.rser.2018.08.025
- Burton, C.; Rismanchi, B.; Candy, S. SHARING URBAN RENEWABLE ENERGY GENERATION SYSTEMS AS PRIVATE ENERGY COMMONS. . SASBE 2018 SYDNEY. 2018.
- Rismanchi, B.; Shah, SK.; Lhendup, T.; Aye, L. Thermal storage technologies for space cooling and heating. . Springer. 2018, pp. 327-339. DOI: 10.1007/978-981-10-7326-7_15
- Aditya, L.; Mahlia, TMI.; Rismanchi, B.; Ng, HM.; Hasan, MH.; Metselaar, HSC.; Muraza, O.; Aditiya, HB. A review on insulation materials for energy conservation in buildings. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD. 2017, Vol. 73, pp. 1352-1365. DOI: 10.1016/j.rser.2017.02.034
- Rismanchi, BEHZAD.; Lea, KLW.; Hui, K. Benchmarking Energy Management Schemes Among Facilities managers in Australia. Facilities Management. Niche Digital. 2017, Vol. 11, Issue 3, pp. 34-36.
- Rismanchi, B. District energy network (DEN), current global status and future development. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD. 2017, Vol. 75, pp. 571-579. DOI: 10.1016/j.rser.2016.11.025
- Shah, SK.; Aye, L.; Rismanchi, B. Seasonal solar energy storage system for space heating in cold climate. . Australian PV institute. 2017, pp. 1-10.
- Steinemann, A.; Wargocki, P.; Rismanchi, B. Ten questions concerning green buildings and indoor air quality. Building and Environment. PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD. 2017, Vol. 112, pp. 351-358. DOI: 10.1016/j.buildenv.2016.11.010
- Ganandran, GSB.; Mahlia, TMI.; Ong, HC.; Rismanchi, B.; Chong, WT. Cost-Benefit Analysis and Emission Reduction of Energy Efficient Lighting at the Universiti Tenaga Nasional. The Scientific World Journal. HINDAWI PUBLISHING CORPORATION. 2014, Vol. 2014. DOI: 10.1155/2014/745894
- Boroumandjazi, G.; Rismanchi, B.; Saidur, R. A review on exergy analysis of industrial sector. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD. 2013, Vol. 27, pp. 198-203. DOI: 10.1016/j.rser.2013.06.054
- Javadi, FS.; Rismanchi, B.; Sarraf, M.; Afshar, O.; Saidur, R.; Ping, HW.; Rahim, NA. Global policy of rural electrification. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD. 2013, Vol. 19, pp. 402-416. DOI: 10.1016/j.rser.2012.11.053
- Rismanchi, B.; Saidur, R.; Masjuki, HH.; Mahlia, TMI. Modeling and simulation to determine the potential energy savings by implementing cold thermal energy storage system in office buildings. Energy Conversion and Management. PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD. 2013, Vol. 75, pp. 152-161. DOI: 10.1016/j.enconman.2013.06.018
- Sarraf, M.; Rismanchi, B.; Saidur, R.; Ping, HW.; Rahim, NA. Renewable energy policies for sustainable development in Cambodia. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD. 2013, Vol. 22, pp. 223-229. DOI: 10.1016/j.rser.2013.02.010
- Boroumandjazi, G.; Rismanchi, B.; Saidur, R. Technical characteristic analysis of wind energy conversion systems for sustainable development. Energy Conversion and Management. PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD. 2013, Vol. 69, pp. 87-94. DOI: 10.1016/j.enconman.2013.01.030
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile