Dr Amirhassan Mehdizadeh
- 3D Numerical Modelling (FEM)
- Advanced Laboratory Testing
- Field Testing
- Internal Erosion
Dr Amirhassan Mehdizadeh is a Research Fellow in Geotechnical Engineering in the Department of Infrastructure Engineering at the University of Melbourne. He had more than 7 years industrial experience before received his PhD in Geotechnical Engineering in 2018 from Swinburne University of Technology (Australia). He received his Master in Geotechnical Engineering (2007) from Amirkabir University of Technology (Iran). He has published a few journal and conference papers since 2014. His research interest is Internal Erosion, Deep Foundation, Deep Excavation, Numerical Modelling, Advanced Laboratory Testing and Soil Instrumentation.
- Ahmadi, M.; Mehdizadeh, A.; Khalili, V.; Disfani, MM. Impact of stress path on fine particles role in internally unstable soils. Scour and Erosion IX - Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Scour and Erosion, ICSE 2018. Taylor and Francis. 2019, pp. 645-650. DOI: 10.1201/9780429020940
- Mehdizadeh, A.; Disfani, MM. Micro scale study of internal erosion using 3d x-ray tomography. Scour and Erosion IX - Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Scour and Erosion, ICSE 2018. Taylor & Francis Group. 2019, pp. 19-26.
- Mehdizadeh, A.; Miri Disfani, M.; Narsilio, GA.; Tsang, CF.; Evans, R.; Gad, E. Performance of a new driven battered micropiles system in sand. . Deep Foundations Institute. 2018.
- Disfani, M.; Evans, R.; Gad, E.; Mehdizadeh, A.; Jennings, W. PERFORMANCE OF BATTERED MINI DRIVEN PILE GROUP IN BASALTIC CLAYS: FIELD TESTING AND NUMERICAL MODELLING. Australian Geomechanics Journal. AUSTRALIAN GEOMECHANICS SOC. 2018, Vol. 53, Issue 2, pp. 77-87.
- Mehdizadeh, A.; Disfani, MM.; Evans, R.; Arulrajah, A. Progressive Internal Erosion in a Gap-Graded Internally Unstable Soil: Mechanical and Geometrical Effects. International Journal of Geomechanics. ASCE-AMER SOC CIVIL ENGINEERS. 2018, Vol. 18, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)GM.1943-5622.0001085
- Mehdizadeh, A.; Disfani, MM.; Evans, R.; Arulrajah, A.; Ong, DEL. Application of image processing in internal erosion investigation. ICSMGE 2017 - 19th International Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering. 2017, Vol. 2017-September, pp. 2925-2928.
- Mehdizadeh, A.; Disfani, MM.; Evans, R. Discussion of "Stress-Strain Behavior of Granular Soils Subjected to Internal Erosion" by C. Chen, L. M. Zhang, and D. S. Chang. Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering. ASCE-AMER SOC CIVIL ENGINEERS. 2017, Vol. 143, Issue 9. DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)GT.1943-5606.0001727
- Mehdizadeh, A.; Disfani, MM.; Evans, R.; Arulrajah, A.; Ong, DEL. Mechanical Consequences of Suffusion on Undrained Behaviour of a Gap-Graded Cohesionless Soil - An Experimental Approach. Geotechnical Testing Journal. AMER SOC TESTING MATERIALS. 2017, Vol. 40, Issue 6. DOI: 10.1520/GTJ20160145
- Mehdizadeh, A.; Disfani, MM.; Evans, R.; Arulrajah, A.; Ong, DEL. Discussion of "Development of an Internal Camera-Based Volume Determination System for Triaxial Testing" by S. E. Salazar, A. Barnes, and R. A. Coffman. The Technical Note Was Published in Geotechnical Testing Journal, Vol. 38, No. 4, 2015. [DOI: 10.1520/GTJ20140249]. Geotechnical Testing Journal. AMER SOC TESTING MATERIALS. 2016, Vol. 39, Issue 1, pp. 165-168. DOI: 10.1520/GTJ20150153
- Mehdizadeh, A.; Disfani, MM.; Evans, R.; Gad, E.; Escobar, A.; Jennings, W. Static load testing of concrete free reticulated micropiles system. Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Geotechnical and Geophysical Site Characterisation, ISC 2016. Australian Geomechanics Society. 2016, Vol. 2, pp. 1353-1358.
- Fannin, RJ.; Slangen, P.; Mehdizadeh, A.; Disfani, MM.; Arulrajah, A.; Evans, R. Discussion: On the distinct phenomena of suffusion and suffosion. Géotechnique Letters. 2015, Vol. 5, Issue 3, pp. 129-130. DOI: 10.1680/jgele.15.00017
- Mehdizadeh, A.; Fakharian, K. Field instrumentation of a preloading project with PVDs. . Australian Centre for Geomechanics. 2015.
- Fakharian, K.; Mehdizadeh, A. Investigation of field instrumentation in a preloading project. Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers - Geotechnical Engineering. ICE PUBLISHING. 2015, Vol. 168, Issue 1, pp. 87-98. DOI: 10.1680/geng.13.00018